7i64 Not sending any signal out

More
25 Oct 2017 20:29 - 25 Oct 2017 20:30 #100812 by Vitran
I am working on rebuilding a machine with a 7i77 and a 7i64 as the IO board. The 7i64 is being used as a sinking output in that 12V is linked to the relays and the 7i64 is connecting the negative side of the relay to ground. I am doing this because that is the way the machine was wired when I got it and I do not want to rewire a machine.

I have finished wiring the machine and am linking it to the board. I made a small Linux CNC configuration with none of the safety circuit as I am setting up the machine for operation. I tested various pins on both the 7i77 and 7i64 with the HAL Configuration window to show if a pin is on or not.

I wanted to turn off the pneumatic breaks on the machine so that I could tune the servos. To do so I opened up HAL Configuration and typed in the code to turn on a pin:

setp hm2_5i25.0.7i64.0.2.output-09 TRUE

I could then see the pin in the Watch window come on and light up. However, when connecting a multi meter across the SSR or across the pins on the 7i64, it indicated 12V was present and the SSR was not closed. The lights on the 7i64 did not light up either. Below are what I am seeing in both the HAL Configuration and on the board.

Since those photos I have turned off the watchdog timer. I have also looked at other pin settings that could have been causing issues.

Is there another means of manually turning on/off the contractors on the 7i64? What could be causing this? I am told that if the 7i64 pins are wired in reverse they will stay on and not turn off, so I do not know how I have things latched on.

I am also in a bit of a rough situation. I have been working on this Hardinge Superslant for about 8 months now and am told if it is not working in a few weeks the machine is gone. I really want to get it to go. I have loved this project so far.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2017 20:30 by Vitran.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2017 20:46 #100814 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i64 Not sending any signal out
I answered this on the IRC channel
After you returned the cards that were damaged, I checked the
7I64 and it passed tests but its possible that something on the card failed later due to the
initial damage so its quite likely that the 7I64 is bad

More
25 Oct 2017 20:56 - 25 Oct 2017 21:02 #100816 by Vitran
I did a new test.

I removed the screw terminal bars from the 7i64 screws 0-8, took a 24VDC relay linked to a power supply and connected it across pins 0 and 1. Turning on output 00 (and 11,12,23) did not turn on the relay.

EDIT: Okay, the board being dead was my hunch as to what it was, but I wanted to do tests first and see if there was something else I was doing that was causing it to not work.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2017 21:02 by Vitran.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds