7i76e Analog 10v Spindle output not working

More
16 Nov 2019 17:43 #150484 by JohnnyCNC
Yes. I used the Lincurve function where you can map the commanded speed to an actual observed speed. You can map up to 16 points along your speed range to the actual speed. If you find that say 1500 RPM commanded is actually running at 1350 you would map 1500 to 1400 and see where that lands your speed. If still off then adjusted again until you get the correct result. I later switched the motor to a DYN4 servo motor and switch to using the PID to control it.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/lincurve.9.html

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2019 00:04 #150498 by biqut2
Thanks for the reply, I ended up adding an extra isolated 12vdc power supply and then just adjusting the gain on the pots of the speed controller. I am curious though how you like the dyn4 servo as a spindle motor. Any complaints? I've planned on replace my spindle motor with something similar if the DC motor/controller ever gives in.

More
17 Nov 2019 00:40 #150499 by JohnnyCNC
I love it. I geared it 1.8 to 1 so I am getting just shy of 5400 rpm at the spindle. The motor claims 3000 rpm max and I get just a little less than that so the max speed I usually run is 5350. If I was doing it over I would gear it 2:1. I added a index signal on my spindle and that plus the quadrature output from the DYN4 drive for the A&B signals enables me to do ridged tapping which was also one of my goals with the upgrade. The new motor and belt drive is a lot quieter than the old motor going through the metal gears.

You can see some pictures here: www.cnczone.com/forums/x3-sx3-g0619-g046...82-cnc-software.html

John

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds