Mesa 7.92 error

More
21 May 2018 21:05 #110989 by deanforbes
Mesa 7.92 error was created by deanforbes
We have a linuxcnc build driving a Staubli arm it has been moved but no system changes as far as we know when we fired it up we had some challenges, we could not get Linuxcnc to start up it was failing after appearing to load the mesa pins, The sequence of flashing lights indicates that the Mesa card has successfully been read by the software and the configuration loaded it gives the error message

./hm2-stepper.hal:32: Pin 'hm2_7i92.stl.0.0.pos_cmd' does not exist

github.com/deanforbes/Staubli_RX60L/blob...r/Logs/IMG_3449s.mp4

Any ideas or suggestion on what to check, I did think permissions / privileges? am I barking up the wrong tree?

thanks dean
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2018 21:53 #110994 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa 7.92 error
Looks like it did not find a STBL motor drive? that could be a lot of things:

Wiring, power (interface and drives) etc etc

More
22 May 2018 16:32 #111032 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa 7.92 error
Yes, the 7i92 is OK but the STMBL drives are not being found.
If the drives are powered then that might mean that they have "forgotten" that their config includes smart-serial.

Or the problem could lie in the 7i74/7i44 interface. 5V power good there?

More
22 May 2018 21:48 #111036 by deanforbes
Replied by deanforbes on topic Mesa 7.92 error
Thanks @PCW and @andypugh .. I had it in my head that the issue was with the software side of it when I was looking at it and was chasing a (probably) non existent problem with privileges, dial out group, udev etc as I thought the software could not access the mesa card to actually run anything - when I got home I read up and saw the lights on 7i92 meant that it was working, I will investigate further down stream with the STMBL's I did a quick check the mesa card was getting 5VDC and checked the polarity but did not really look further down stream Ross and I will now be back to have another look on Friday - Thank for the help

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds