5i24 GPIO Pin behaviour ??

More
11 Jun 2018 05:42 - 11 Jun 2018 05:56 #112173 by snoozer77
Hi All,

Totally new to mesa / linuxcnc. Currently have a 5i24 and 7i49 (resolver interface card) hooked up to my pc. Ive been getting advice on my retrofit thread from Andy, but thought i would post another question here, instead of bombarding Andy with questions all the time.

While running halmeter, while probing hm2_5i24.0.gpio.002.in through to 5i24....gpio.010.in.not, i get the state constantly changing from true to false. All other pins read either true or false, as i would expect.

Not sure if this is normal behavior, but i tried flashing a different config, also with the resmod firmware, but get the same result.

Also another question regards to resolver.excitation. khz parameter. When i look at this on halmeter, it is set to -1. I can change the value to 1 with a setp command, which changes the meter reading to 2.5 khz, as expected, but im not sure why it is defaulting to -1 on startup?

Cheers

Matt
Last edit: 11 Jun 2018 05:56 by snoozer77.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2018 12:39 #112184 by snoozer77
Took me a while, but i finally got axis to load. Took a bit of time to get the hal sorted out, but doing so, i added the setp line for the resolver excitation. Axis loads up with excitation se at 5khz now. GPIO pins are still changing state. If anyone knows what that may be, would be great to know. cheers.

More
11 Jun 2018 13:49 #112190 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 5i24 GPIO Pin behaviour ??
GPIO pins driven by hardware like PWM, SPI, STEPGENS or UARTs etc will still be available as GPIO inputs (mainly for debug). Since these pins may being driven by high frequency signals, they will appear as random values when sampled by the much lower frequency servo thread (or even lower halmeter gui thread sample rate = ~ 10 Hz)

I think a number of HM2 setup values use -1 to indicate that the default is chosen
I think this is arguably wrong since it doesn't reflect the actual default value being used (so you need to refer to the manual page to know what the default value is) but not a real issue since it probably should be set in any case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snoozer77

More
29 Jun 2018 17:00 #113103 by nkp
Replied by nkp on topic 5i24 GPIO Pin behaviour ??
I also now play with 5i24 + 7i49 + DIY_IO cards.
Interesting...
I'll see - what velue of pins I have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snoozer77

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds