OKK machine retrofit doubts

More
07 Aug 2018 21:22 - 07 Aug 2018 21:24 #115771 by Methier
Hi, Im planning to retrofit an old machine it is an OKK copier equipped with FANUC drives and control, the previous owner of this machine did a retrofit with Heidenhain TNC 155 A, they also added heidenhain linear scales.

Machine uses DC servo motors with tachometers for speed feedback and resolver for position (resolvers not used) , but they use the linear scales as a primary feedback and tachos are for the servo drives

Because budget limitations I will reuse the fanuc drives until I get enough cash for new DC amps.

So my questions are:

1.- Has anyone controlled old fanuc drives? models are A06B 6042 H112 (can't find any info for these)

2.- Linear scales are LS700 series, I don't see any documents for that online, sent a mail to heidenhain and they sent me to my local representative but they are not responding, I am not sure if these scales comes with 1Vpp or 11App I need that info to choose a interpolator.

3.- I am planning to use Mesa 7i77+5i25 since there are lots of documentation for that config, can I control those FANUC drives with that?

4.- Actual servos are quite big, 38Nm 35A 135V 1000RPM, I was not able to find a drive that fits exactly these servos, I am interested on Advanced motion controls DC drives, they have cheap options for my application but they are limited to 80VDC max (there are higher voltage options but the price very high ), since my servos are 135V I will be limited for max rotation speed to (1000/135)*80=592RPM, this is not bad at all machine max speed is 5000mm/min with 10mm pitch ballscrew, I just wonder if these calcs are ok, or it will affect my torque too?, if you have another brand on mind pls I am open for possibilities.

PD: Heidenhain control is connected in parallel with the fanuc Analog outputs or that's how it looks like, and fanuc control is still connected to the drives, perhaps for drive enables and alarms.

PD PD: Sry if this is not the correct Area for this.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Meth
Last edit: 07 Aug 2018 21:24 by Methier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2018 16:03 #116059 by andypugh
If the drives take a +/- 10V command signal then this might all be relatively easy.

I would imagine that your system already has interpolation boxes for the scales, possibly built in to the existing control. Do you see a set of single-axis EXE boxes, or maybe a single multi-axis one?

If the velocity loop is currently closed in hardware by the tachs and the drive, and if the servo drives take +/-10V, and if there are existing EXE boxes then this is a very simple retrofit for a 7i77. And I wouldn't suggest replacing the drives, your current system is probably old, but high quality and matched to the motors.

More
19 Aug 2018 17:05 #116330 by Methier
Replied by Methier on topic OKK machine retrofit doubts
Hi, sorry for not replying before, i was very busy.
I checked the wiring and the linear scales are connected directly to the controller, so i still don't know if they are 1Vpp or 11App.

About the drives they are very old and i want to replace them for something newer , in this retrofit im installing new wiring because i wont any surprise same for drives.

The closest solution that adapts better to my budget are some Advanced motion control drives, the bad thing is they are limited to 80VDC, motors are 135VDC perhaps they will be speed limited, i am ok with that but i wonder if torque will be limited too.

Regards

More
19 Aug 2018 22:17 #116353 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic OKK machine retrofit doubts
what is the full model number of the encoders?
files.staehleprecision.com/Heidenhain/LS...20LS704%20scales.pdf

Chris M

More
19 Aug 2018 23:48 #116357 by Methier
Hi, well based on the Z axis scale, they are LS703 series, the label is broken so i can only see "MODEL LS703" S.N. H42308 012 J05F 820, i have to remove the covers to get accces to X and Y scales, perhaps i can see a part number.

Regards

Meth

More
20 Aug 2018 00:14 - 20 Aug 2018 00:15 #116359 by cmorley
Last edit: 20 Aug 2018 00:15 by cmorley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Methier

More
25 Sep 2018 22:34 #117976 by Methier
Hello and thanks for your help, is been more than a month since i started this thread, sry for the delay i was very busy with other projects.

Resumed this project today and i was digging for some info about the servo drives (A06B 6042 H112) and i can't find the pinout for these velocity control units in particular, original fanuc control is 330D, do you know if i can control using the same pin layout as the newer A06B 6047 HXXX drives? There is more info about 6047 series, at least maintenance manuals talks about em.

Regards

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds