7i76e with ASRock Q1900DC-ITX

More
21 May 2019 09:20 #134458 by Robert
Hello everyone,

At first big thanks to everyone contributing to this forum, I did read and learned a lot from you.

My Name is Robert and I am currently in the process of figuring out the electronics for my CNC Router.

I have the Mesa 7i76e and it is supposed to drive JMC-iHSV57 Servos (which are controlled like Steppers).

To get everything into a neat package I'd like to mount a mainboard within the electronics compartment, instead of using an external PC.

So far I've learned that the j1900 processor works good with the preempt-RT Kernel and some ran the ASRock Q1900M-ITX successfully.

I am thinking about using the ASRock 1900DC-ITX (www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900DC-ITX/index.de.asp) as Mainboard, because it can run directly on 9-19V DC to avoid the extra ATX-Powersupply just for the Mainboard.

Also possible would be the regular ASRock Q1900M with a 12V Mini ATX Power Adapter:

www.reichelt.de/mini-itx-psu-120w-gerade...vUaAk5uEALw_wcB&&r=1

It would be nice to have two RJ45 ports (for Mesa and Internet) so I might add this Card to the PCI Express Slot:

www.reichelt.de/netzwerkkarte-pci-expres...3.html?&trstct=pos_3

As drive I'd like to use a 120GB 2,5" Sata SSD and 4GB of RAM.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, comments, stuff that I better choose etc, as I would like to avoid buying twice ; )

Thank you in advance,

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2019 11:11 #134468 by pl7i92
Hi
this is a very good kombination

for internet you may use a simple wlan stick

you can go as you say and it will be a very good mashine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

More
21 May 2019 16:05 #134494 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i76e with ASRock Q1900DC-ITX
You can also use a USB --> Ethernet dongle for internet comms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

More
21 May 2019 20:13 #134524 by Robert
Thank you, now i can start to order the stuff.

More
30 May 2019 06:31 #135361 by Robert
Just a little Update:

The Mainboard and the SSD arrived.

I would recomend to buy a original packed unit as ASrock uses an adapter from JST PH 2.0 (I guess) to Sata Power, which is not generally availlable.

Learned this the hard way, as I bought a bulkware unit without accessories and now have to make my own adapter.

More
05 Jun 2019 11:21 - 05 Jun 2019 11:23 #135929 by Robert
Hello,

I now have the Mainboard running and installed Debian 9 as shown by BigJohn. Big thanks to him.

Unfortunately the Jitter is pretty high. I could improve it a little bit by turning the CPU power savings, Audio, PCI etc. off.
Hopefully it will be sufficient as I will use the Mesa ethernet card and no software stepping...

PS: The values were measured with 3 windows of glxgears running for a couple of minutes, shifting them around rapidly, extending fullscreen
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 11:23 by Robert.

More
05 Jun 2019 11:35 #135930 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic 7i76e with ASRock Q1900DC-ITX
That jItter is fine for a Mesa card as you can ignore the base thread as it not used. Better than mine actually!

More
06 Jun 2019 05:33 #136009 by Hakan
Replied by Hakan on topic 7i76e with ASRock Q1900DC-ITX
Yes that will be fine, Do switch of the power saving stuff, but you don't need to disable anything else. A good combo.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds