Mesa card confirmation pls

More
29 Jun 2019 22:10 #138203 by RoberCNC
Hi guys

I'm starting Linuxcnc and of course, I'm assaulted by a lot of doubts. After a lot of reading and reading I am writing to you with the intention of confirming if my conclusions are true and with the hope that someone can guide me if I do not. I expose my situation: I have an old Intel Core 2.6 duo 2.6 GHz with 3Gb of RAM in which I have performed the live CD latency test (it throws me the values ​​that I attach in the file) and I have performed satisfactory motion tests with the machine despite the results through parallel port and a BOB China.

So you comment here with a Mesa board the obtained numbers would not be any problem for an optimal and reliable operation but I would like a confirmation before acquiring them. The machine is composed of three Nema23 motors with their respective Tb6600 drivers. my intention is to work at the moment with 3 axes and their respective I / O and in the future to extend it to 5 axes and maybe a few Nema34.

I'm right? in the affirmative case I would appreciate guidance as to which license plate would be a good option to purchase and easier configuration.

Thank you very much in advance for the hassle and time of reading these lines.

A greeting and thank you very much for everything you publish.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2019 22:20 #138205 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa card confirmation pls
Those numbers should be fine for any interface with hardware step generators
Mesa or otherwise.

More
29 Jun 2019 22:22 #138206 by RoberCNC
Replied by RoberCNC on topic Mesa card confirmation pls
Sorry, rest should go inside hardware, drivers boards, something I should have done wrong.

More
29 Jun 2019 22:35 #138208 by RoberCNC
Thanks for the quick response PCW. which one would you advise me? I understand that ethernet are much better but more difficult to configure and I would not like to bother too much.

More
30 Jun 2019 10:00 #138228 by RoberCNC
good morning PCW.

I've been reading more in the forum and I think that as you mentioned in some thread the best thing as a novice is going to start with parallel port so I think a plugNgo kit of 5I25 + 7I76 / 7I76D of Mesa will be great for me given that allow up to 5 axes as I intend in the future and I see that there is enough documenting about them, especially the 5I25, how do you see the idea? the only doubt I would have is the difference between 7I76 and 7I76D I do not know what exactly you mean by sourcing and sinking, can you tell me about it?

Since I see that you are a moderator, would you be so kind as to move the post to the correct site if it is not too much trouble?

Thank you very much, greetings

More
30 Jun 2019 13:50 #138236 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa card confirmation pls
Looks like someone moved it already (JT?)

The difference between the 7I76 and 7I76D is in how the outputs drive the connected loads:

7I76 = sourcing: 7I76-output --> load+ --> load- --> GND/Common
so one side of all the output loads goes to ground

7I76D = sinking : 7I76D-output <-- load- <-- load+ <-- +12/+24V
so one side of all the output loads goes to +12 or +24V

If you are doing a retrofit, one version may be much easier to use than the other
if you are starting from scratch, it may not matter

More
30 Jun 2019 15:27 #138242 by RoberCNC
Thank you very much PCW! It is comforting for someone to confirm that my conclusions are true by having so much new and complex information in their heads and who will teach you when you are ignorant

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds