7i77 inputs stopped working

More
28 Oct 2019 03:24 #148958 by Lcvette
hey guys, i'm at my ropes end with an issue that i encountered recently. i had my mpg working with the hal file below, and i was installing a probe and the wiring was incorrect and at the same time the mpg scale inputs stopped working. they are stuck in the default x1 scale which is .0001" per pulse. the axis selector still works as well as the wheel itself and the axis all move but only .0001" per click. i tried moving the scale input to new pins thinking maybe i damaged something on the 7i77 card, but they do not work in the new positions with the update hal file pins changed. mechanically the switch is showing 24v on the correct pins screw terminals so the mesa card is getting signal but i cannot get halshow watch to register the change. the hal file is and was untouched and i even tried loading in my safety copy to make sure it was a working existing configuration. the setup had been working flawlessly for over a month now. i don't know where to look next. i hate ordering another board just to test that this one isn't bad especially since many people have told me they doubt its a damaged card.

I am running linuxcnc 2.9 master because i'm testing it on a new the new GUI but that has not changed in the last month either. no other changes have been made from the time the mpg was working correctly to when the issue has occurred. can you guys let me know if you see anything maybe that was wrong or missing in the hal file that could have caused this change? your help is greatly appreciated as i have no idea what else to check to get the mpg working again and its frustrating to no end!

thanks in advance for your help!

Chris
#Jog Pendant
#file name mpg.hal

loadrt mux4 count=1
loadrt ilowpass

addf mux4.0 servo-thread
addf ilowpass.0 servo-thread

setp ilowpass.0.scale 100
setp ilowpass.0.gain 0.01
setp joint.0.jog-accel-fraction .5
setp joint.1.jog-accel-fraction .5
setp joint.2.jog-accel-fraction .5
setp joint.3.jog-accel-fraction .5

net x-jog-select joint.0.jog-enable <= hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-20
net y-jog-select joint.1.jog-enable <= hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-21
net z-jog-select joint.2.jog-enable <= hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-22
net a-jog-select joint.3.jog-enable <= hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-23

net x10 hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-28 => mux4.0.sel0
net x100 hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.input-29 => mux4.0.sel1

setp mux4.0.in0 .000001
setp mux4.0.in1 .00001
setp mux4.0.in2 .0001

net jogscale mux4.0.out => joint.0.jog-scale
net jogscale => joint.1.jog-scale
net jogscale => joint.2.jog-scale
net jogscale => joint.3.jog-scale

net mpg-out hm2_7i92.0.7i77.0.0.enc0.count => ilowpass.0.in

net jogcounts ilowpass.0.out => joint.0.jog-counts
net jogcounts => joint.1.jog-counts
net jogcounts => joint.2.jog-counts
net jogcounts => joint.3.jog-counts

net jogcounts    => axis.x.jog-counts
net x-jog-select => axis.x.jog-enable
net jogscale     => axis.x.jog-scale

net jogcounts    => axis.y.jog-counts
net y-jog-select => axis.y.jog-enable
net jogscale     => axis.y.jog-scale

net jogcounts    => axis.z.jog-counts
net z-jog-select => axis.z.jog-enable
net jogscale     => axis.z.jog-scale

net jogcounts    => axis.a.jog-counts
net a-jog-select => axis.a.jog-enable
net jogscale     => axis.a.jog-scale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2019 08:39 #148968 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic 7i77 inputs stopped working
hook up a simple 5V source GND matching 7i77 and test the pin
if it is geting signal in hal

More
28 Oct 2019 13:09 #148976 by Todd Zuercher
You said that everything was working before you miss-wired the probe connection.
Maybe that is the key. If you describe how was that done wrong (including what voltages were applied to what pins or what pins may have been shorted) it may point us to what is wrong now and preventing it from working, and tell us if something is likely damaged and how or if it can be fixed.

More
28 Oct 2019 13:22 #148977 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i77 inputs stopped working
I would remove all 7I77 field I/O connectors ( other than power) and test the inputs one at a
time with hal show. To test use one 8 pin connector with +24V field power wired to pin 1
you can plug this so it connects to inputs 0 through 31 in turn and see what the results are
Inputs have relatively high power 20K input resistors so are not easy to damage, but for
example if the last 8 inputs don't work this suggest a board short (conductive debris?) or
a random failure of a multiplexor chip (I have never seen this before however)

More
28 Oct 2019 15:23 #148982 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic 7i77 inputs stopped working

I would remove all 7I77 field I/O connectors ( other than power) and test the inputs one at a
time with hal show. To test use one 8 pin connector with +24V field power wired to pin 1
you can plug this so it connects to inputs 0 through 31 in turn and see what the results are
Inputs have relatively high power 20K input resistors so are not easy to damage, but for
example if the last 8 inputs don't work this suggest a board short (conductive debris?) or
a random failure of a multiplexor chip (I have never seen this before however)

PCW,

you called it, a whole block of 8, the center block on TB7 is out and non responsive, 1-8 work fine on the tb7 but 9-16 don't report anything in halshow-watch. i inspected the board front and back thoroughly for any debris and don't see any (was completely unplugged from everything and removed from din rail and uses compressed air in case i had missed something, reconnected everything and retested and same result, 9-16 are not working. could this have also damaged other things on the board? i have not yet discovered?

also switching to tb8 inputs the mpg is now working again as it should.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds