7i77 vin vs vfield

More
17 Feb 2020 11:33 #157585 by alex.statie
Hello!

Sorry if this is a duplicate topic, just wanted to double check some info on 7i77:

I need to operate the machine (in/out logic) at 24v and control the servos with +-10v.

The 7i77 gets 5v by default from the 5i25.

I think the key is the TB2 field power connector.

If i feed pin1 on the TB2 (vfield) 24v, that should take care of the I/O logic, correct? This will set the outputs to 24v and also set the input "high" to 24v, right?

How about the +-10v needed for the servos? Should this go to VIN? Also, this is +-voltage, how does that mix with the common ground for +24v? Should vin be positive 20v, or does the board support the polarity switch?

Somehow unrelated, do you have any article to describe implementation of a watchdog logic on 7i77? (similar to what interrupts do for arduino). eg: if pin X is high, set pin Y to high.

Thanks,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2020 14:09 #157611 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i77 vin vs vfield
If the jumper on the 7i77 is set for single vin, that is all you need.
No reversing the polarities for anything.
The if x then y, can be done in hal as you like ot need it.

More
27 Feb 2020 13:34 #158635 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic 7i77 vin vs vfield

If i feed pin1 on the TB2 (vfield) 24v, that should take care of the I/O logic, correct? This will set the outputs to 24v and also set the input "high" to 24v, right?

Yes

How about the +-10v needed for the servos?

This is derived separately, as far as I know. I don't know if it is from the 5V or field power connectors, but it is always +/-10V independent of field power voltage.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.542 seconds