5i25 Smart Serial Comms Error

More
16 May 2020 18:14 #167988 by sliptonic
I've been seeing this error more and more frequently. Sometimes the machine will run for an hour without error but once it occurs, I have to reboot the computer before I can communicate again with the 7i77. I have two different 5i25 cards and both throw the same error after a period of time.

I built a different PC with the same configuration (Linux Mint Debian) based on buster. The other machine runs stable without error so it seems to be related to this computer. In all other respects the PC is rock solid. It's newer than the other test machine, has a faster processor, memory, etc. It's a Gigabyte H97M-D3H motherboard with a AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor

My config is here: github.com/sliptonic/gypsy-wire.git

Is there anything else I can do to resolve the issue?

emc/task/taskintf.cc 617: Error on axis 1, command number 196
hm2/hm2_5i25.0: Smart Serial port 0: DoIt not cleared from previous servo thread. Servo thread rate probably too fast. This message will not be repeated, but the hm2_5i25.0.sserial.0.fault-count pin will indicate if this is happening frequently.

hm2/hm2_5i25.0: Smart Serial Comms Error: There have been more than 1 errors in 10 thread executions at least 200 times. See other error messages for details.

hm2/hm2_5i25.0: ***Smart Serial Port 0 will be stopped***

hm2/hm2_5i25.0: sserial_write:Timeout waiting for CMD to clear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2020 18:38 #167990 by tommylight
Besides disabling everything not needed in BIOS, not much.
FX series had a lot of issues with heat and throttling down, so you might want to give it a clean-up, if not already and check the processor to heat sink for thermal paste or pad.

More
16 May 2020 18:45 #167992 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 5i25 Smart Serial Comms Error

hm2/hm2_5i25.0: Smart Serial port 0: DoIt not cleared from previous servo thread. Servo thread rate probably too fast. This message will not be repeated, but the hm2_5i25.0.sserial.0.fault-count pin will indicate if this is happening frequently.

This can happen with long latencies on the host computer but I dont see a real time error

It might also be a PCI slot issue causing complete loss of communication with the 5i25 card.
This can also happen with a weak PC power supply, even momentary 3.3V drops to less than
3.1V will cause a 5I25 reset and loss of communication resulting in the symptoms you see
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds