Will this work: Mesa 7i90HD + 2 * 7i48. Kitamura MyCenter 0 Retrofit

More
08 Jun 2020 22:13 #170709 by opw
Hello,

I am planning to retrofit my Kitamura MyCenter with Fanuc 10M controls to LinuxCNC.

Looking for the cheapest and most effective solution (as I am Dutch), I came to the conclusion that a Mesa 7i90HD with two 7i48 could work in my situation. But I would like the opinion of one of the experts here on this forum.

As I plan to keep the original analog DC-servo drives for now and I still have two FHA25 Harmonic Drives waiting, I need more than 6 analog outputs, and this seems the cheapest solution.

For each servo drive (x,y,z) I need two analog outputs as the Fanuc drives need a simulated tacho signal. So 6 analog signals
Then there is the spindle. And later on the 4th and - dare I say it - a 5th axis.

My questions are:
- can these cards work together? As there are bitfiles for the 7i90 with 2 7i48, I think the answer is yes
- is the 7i48 still available? According to EUSurplus they might not be produced anymore... I am located in Germany, so there are not a lot of suppliers of these cards.
- Can the pins that are not used on a second 7i48 be used as inputs and outputs?
- How many io pins of the 7i90 would still be available with 2 7i48's connected? My guess is 23... but as I have no experience with the mesa cards

I would be grateful for any input, remarks, whatever.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds