More IO Pins with 7i76D Newbie Help!

More
11 Jun 2020 17:23 #171151 by harindugamlath
Hi,

This is my first time with Linux cnc so bear with me. I'm doing a conversion for an old Okuma Howa milling machine. I'm using Mesa 5i25 with 7i76D. After configuring MPG wheel and all the useful pins for the servos, Limits and other existing stuff on the machine, I'm left with three more inputs pins left.

I'm going to need a couple of more to configure a tool changer and other stuff. So what i Came up with is to use a 7i70. But I don't really know how to configure that. Please help me. I couldn't find a guide for doing this.

Is smart serial connection expandable to several IO cards? Can I use a 7i71 Output card along with the 7i70?

Can anyone point me at the correct direction to get more IOs with this setup? or is there a better way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2020 17:36 #171154 by tommylight
Since you did not say how much and what you need,
7i84 is better as it can be used with the 7i76 through sserial and has 32 inputs and 16 outputs,
7i70 OR 7i71 for 48 inputs or outputs, but not both without a 7i74
With a 7i74 you can use up to 8x 7i70 or 7i71 or 7i84 in any combination.
And there is no need to configure anything, they are sserial devices so they can be wired and used, just adding and wiring the pins in hal.
With a 7i74 you would need to flash the firmware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: harindugamlath

More
11 Jun 2020 18:04 #171161 by harindugamlath
Thanks. I just need digital pins. How much I cannot really decide right now. I'm planning in the tool changer and the control panel switches (Cycle start stop, Coolant control, feed & rapid override etc.) Hopefully 32 could be enough. or else I'll switch to 7i74 combination.

I'll try my best to post a thread on the conversion. Thanks for the support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds