Go to Stepper Driver

More
22 Sep 2020 01:29 #183220 by AgentWD40
Two part question really.

1) what's your go to stepper driver?
2) I'm currently using bottom of the barrel TB6600 (which I believe are fake too). What's the next step up from that in price/quality? And maybe one more step up from that one as well while we're at it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2020 01:46 - 22 Sep 2020 01:46 #183222 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic Go to Stepper Driver
I have a few geckos that run well and will run 80 volts but you are locked into 10 micro steps unless you buy the more expensive model .

I also have one from automation technology which used to be keling I think(probably similar to clones of the ones available on ebay). They have variable microsteping and handle up to 80 volts also if I recall.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2020 01:46 by Leon82.

More
22 Sep 2020 01:47 #183223 by BeagleBrainz
Replied by BeagleBrainz on topic Go to Stepper Driver
I bought my drivers from Keling, been running them for 5 or 6 years and haven't missed a beat. Along with 570 oz/in nema 23 on a BF20 aka G0704. Run everything from a couple of consecutive 90 minute jobs (no tool changer so a diff file for each tool) to leaving them on all day whilst doing a few small ones and jogging around for manual drilling of holes. Couple wirh a 48v Meanwell PSU not a single issue.
Probably some newer tech out there, but these have been quite robust in my humble opinion.
I've been thinking of giving a digital stepper ago....but that would just be to see if they are any better or not.
www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/produc...pping-driver-kl6050/
The following user(s) said Thank You: AgentWD40

More
22 Sep 2020 08:10 #183261 by tommylight

More
22 Sep 2020 08:29 #183263 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Go to Stepper Driver
I am with Tommy. Lam is the best . But if you go that way, the costs for quality drives and upgraded power supply will hurt to do them justice. I'm using a combination of Sanyo Denki NEMA 24 motors which are amazing as well as some Nema 34's from Moon. These also perform very well. But the total upgrade cost for drives, motors, toroid power supplies and everything else was up around AUD $1500, maybe more.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds