Out of my depth: DMM servos

More
07 Oct 2020 23:24 #185313 by mrwilby
Hi all,

Sorry for a 'stupid' question....

Some months back, I purchased a 7i76e board to pair with 4 x DMM DYN4 servo drives. I'm still assembling the machine, so not actually able to try anything out yet...

However, since I purchased, I read that I would be best to use a board with native analogue servo signal support. Is that correct?

If that is correct, could I start off with just the 7i76e and then add an expansion card later if I wanted to switch over to analogue servo control? Would there be any suggested or recommended expansions cards for such a later upgrade? I would like to read and try to understand a bit more before I dive in any deeper so any suggestions or inputs would be very welcome.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2020 00:05 - 08 Oct 2020 00:07 #185315 by JohnnyCNC
I think this is the one you would want if you want to use the analog interface. I used one of these when I used a servo as a spindle motor.

7I83 Analog output/ analog servo interface

The 7I83 is remote isolated six channel +-10V analog output card intended for analog drive interfacing or other +-10V analog output applications. The analog outputs, drive enables and field power are galvanically isolated from the communications link. Analog outputs have 13 bit resolution and a 2.5 KHz bandwidth. In addition the six analog channels, the 7I83 has six isolated optocoupler outputs intended for individual drive enables The enable outputs are rated 50 mA and up to 100V. The 7I83 is powered by a single 8-35V power supply. The RS-422 interface at 2.5 MBaud is compatible with HostMot2s SSLBP smart serial interface which can support as many as 32 7I83 cards for a total of 192 analog outputs with real time update rates up to 10 KHz. 3.5 mm screw pluggable screw terminals are used for all isolated I/O.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2020 00:07 by JohnnyCNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrwilby

More
08 Oct 2020 00:32 #185318 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Out of my depth: DMM servos
I think I would get the system running with step/dir first since you have every
thing you need for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrwilby

More
08 Oct 2020 01:01 #185319 by mrwilby
Replied by mrwilby on topic Out of my depth: DMM servos
Thank you both !

JohnnyCNC - thanks! I will read the manual for that card.

PCW - I agree. My assumption was I can use the step/dir on the 7i76e to get going and once I am comfortable, I can extend the system with an analog card like JohnnyCNC mentions above. Thanks a lot for confirming!

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds