Copley Servo Amp 422

More
05 Nov 2020 15:54 #188404 by mmt
Copley Servo Amp 422 was created by mmt
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Let me knw and I can move it to the approriate one.

I have 2 Copley 422 servo amps feshly installed on a lathe with a 5i25 and 7i77 combo. This is my first time using servo amps in torque mode. i.e. no tach.

I have the high power supply (80VDC) hooked up, the motor connected, and the enable signal. When 80VDC is applied I have a power light on and the enable light goes on and off fine with the proper pins shorted to common /open. Now with the power and enable lights lit I can turn up both the reference gain and or the loop gain and I get no output to the motor. I can freely spin the motor shaft and read 0.00VDC on the motor out side.

I've attached the manual. S1 os set to "OFF" active low for the enable signal which works fine and S2 is set to "ON" for torque mode.
Any suggestions as to what I am missing?

Thanks,
Kent
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2020 16:36 #188408 by mmt
Replied by mmt on topic Copley Servo Amp 422
I should also have mentioned that I can feed and analog refence signal in with nothing out as well.

More
05 Nov 2020 20:14 #188435 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Copley Servo Amp 422

Do you have all 3 enables connected as in picture and the switch 1 set?
Attachments:

More
06 Nov 2020 13:25 - 06 Nov 2020 16:00 #188502 by mmt
Replied by mmt on topic Copley Servo Amp 422
I got back on this this morning and wired all 3 and it's a miracle - it works.
The last servo amps I did had - enable and positive inhibit and negative inhibit.
I guess I had it in my head this one was the same.
Seems to me that all 3 inputs conditions should be met before the enable light comes on or at the very least 2 conditons in the event someone wanted to restrict movement in one direction. Enable light on was a little misleading.

Thank you
Last edit: 06 Nov 2020 16:00 by mmt.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds