Taig, Raspberry Pi 4 & MESA

More
08 Mar 2021 19:25 #201474 by tommylight

7IA0

Tease! What's that then?

+1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2021 19:28 #201475 by andypugh
It's listed here:
www.mesanet.com/aiodaughter.html

But I think that there is a typo in the description: (I think it is 48 input / 24 output(

"The 7IA0 is an 48 output, 24 input isolated I/O card. The 7IA0 provides 24 isolated 36VDC 2.5A output drivers. All output drivers are low saturation voltage MOSFETS for low power dissipation. Each of the 24 output switches is isolated from the others, allowing high side, low side, push-pull and other output switch configurations. A built in watchdog timer turns all outputs off if the 7IA0 is not accessed within the watchdog timeout interval. The 48 isolated inputs operate with 4V to 36V DC and can have a positive or negative common for sourcing or sinking input applications. 4 input commons are provided for mixed sourcing/sinking/voltage compatibility. All isolated input and outputs have LED status indicators. Eight of the isolated input pins can be used to support up to four quadrature output MPGs. Both 1x and 4x modes are selectable. Up to four eight bit analog inputs are provided. The RS-422 interface at 2.5 MBaud is compatible with HostMot2s SSLBP smart serial interface which can support as many as 32 7IA0 cards for a total of 2304 I/O points with real time update rates up to 10 KHz.
3.5 mm screw pluggable screw terminals are used for all isolated I/O. The 7IA0 can be cable powered or powered from a local 10VDC to 40VDC supply"

More
09 Mar 2021 16:40 #201564 by siggi
Replied by siggi on topic Taig, Raspberry Pi 4 & MESA

I like it that the 7c81 also powers the Pi - that way it's fed power through screw terminals rather than a loosey goosey USB-C plug. You also get DIN-rail mounting for the Pi "for free" :).

Just to clarify, I think you need to buy the DIN rail mounts separately.

Right, I didn't mean free as in "no money", but rather free as in having DIN mounted the 7c81, the Pi mounts on top of it, so I don't need to figure out how to DIN mount the Pi separately.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds