7i76E Board with Mitsubishi MR-E-40 Servo Drives

More
03 May 2021 16:15 - 06 May 2021 11:24 #207732 by radicus
I'm replacing a WinCnc controller with a 7i76e. The WinCnc is setup to send STEP and DIR to the Mitsubishi MR-E-40 servo drives. The servo drives are setup for Positive Logic and Pulse train and sign (Parameter 21 = 0001).

There are only 4 wires broken out of the CN1 signal connector, 24V, Signal Common, PP, NP.

I can't get the drives to jog the motors with the 7i76E.

Digging through MR-E-40 manual, the connection details for using only STEP and DIR signals; show an Open Collector System (excerpt attached). I have STEP+ wired to PP and DIR+ wired to NP on the servo. The drive and the 7i76e have a common signal ground.

Should this work? Or do I need an NPN transistor between the servo drive inputs and STEP/DIR signals. If I need to do this, I will probably just redo the signal cable to provide the two additional signal wires so it can be driven in differential mode. Trying not to introduce to many variables before I make that change.

Any guidance is appreciated, thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 May 2021 11:24 by radicus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2021 16:37 #207737 by PCW
For the 7I76Es 5V signals you would need to run the drive in differential mode:

Step+ to PP Step- to PG
Dir+ to NP, Dir- to NG

OPC unconnected
The following user(s) said Thank You: radicus

More
06 May 2021 11:27 #208089 by radicus
Rewired the CN1 cable to have leads for PG and NG signals. Saw the machine take it's first steps under control on LinuxCNC

Very happy, thanks for the help

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds