Using the parallel port on the MESA 7i95?

More
02 Jun 2021 03:21 #210932 by arch dude
Thanks for your help. It took me most of the afternoon to install a VM and then install a full-up ISE environment. I have not yet built the 7i95.zip. I intend to build it with no modifications and then compare my bitfile with the provided bitfile, but I'm too tired to do that today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2021 14:17 #211420 by arch dude
After returning from a little vacation, I unzipped 7i95.zip into a subdirectory of my home directory. Using
tom-itx.no-ip.biz:81/~webpage/emc/xilinx...14_install_index.php
as a guide (a hint, really) I set up the project in ISE. There were some minor glitches, all recoverable, until I actually tried to build the project. I encountered three lines of code in the top VHDL file that were not VHDL syntax:
use work.@card@.all
use work.@pin@.all
It looks like the @xxx@ construct is some sort of parameterization or macro substitution, so a just did a brute-force edit to insert the correct card and pin. However, I would prefer to do this properly if ISE and/or VHDL have this capability, or if Mesa has some sort of standard procedure I should be using. Where should I look?

The project builds with a new Pin file that is an exact duplicate of the old one except for the name. I will now attempt to modify my new pin file.

More
10 Jun 2021 13:53 #211699 by andypugh
Are you using the Mesa source files, or the LinuxCNC-ised version? The latter is now rather out of date, so I suspect that you won't be using that with a 7i95.

I will move this topic to Driver Boards where it is more likely to be seen by the chap that knows this stuff.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds