Mesa 7i76E + CL86Y Stepper Driver Questions

More
15 Nov 2021 02:35 #226529 by spumco

When it comes to HAL, I'm definitely still in the narcoleptic stage. I'll keep beating my head against the documentation (once I get my own Internet access again) Hopefully that'll knock some sense into me. However, I will have work to catch up on since I've been away... and Christmas... perhaps I will have the slowest CNC build in history.

Don't worry about it.  I'm only about 90% through a mill overhaul started a year ago.

Linux and LCNC is miserable to learn, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  You will be frustrated and confused - just ask for help.  If somebody's answer is accurate but unintelligible to you... ask again, ask for smaller words, ask for someone else to translate the jargon. 

There are a lot of ferociously bright people on this forum who are saints for helping out the newbies, but sometimes they forget how far they have to dumb things down in order to get some understanding across.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2021 11:00 #226566 by tommylight

There are a lot of ferociously bright people on this forum who are saints for helping out the newbies, but sometimes they forget how far they have to dumb things down in order to get some understanding across.

Nicely said, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds