Mesa for industrial milling machine

More
03 Nov 2021 07:54 #225075 by A_ekis
Hello everyone, although I have been reading in the shadows for a long time, I have just registered and this is my first post.

I own a mikron cnc milling machine but with dead original electronics.

I have a small machine using mach3 and a cnc lathe but with its own program, in this case I wanted to use linux cnc.

electronics is not my strong point, so I decided to go the easy way to remove everything and put new and modern servo motors.that part is not a problem and it is already solved.

The doubt comes with the card that I need to control everything, from how much I have read in the forum, it seems that the mesa ecosystem is a good solution, but I cannot fully clarify which cards I need for what I want and that is why I have decided open this post.

the requirements would be the control of servos in the three axes, (perhaps a quarter in the future).the main motor through a speed variator (I do not need to control the gearbox of the machine, the variator seems simpler, the use will not be industrial, I do not need to take advantage of all the power of the motor)And also if it is possible to take advantage of the digital scales of the machine to create a double closed loop in the future.

With these requirements, which cards do you recommend buying?  and first of all thank you for your help and excuse my English as a translator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2021 21:24 #225154 by RotarySMP
If your servo drives take analog control signals, then a 7i97 is a good place to start. Up to 6 axis of closed loop servo control, plus  bit of I/O.
I used a 5i25, 7i77 and 7i84 on my Maho, as the 7i97 didn't exist back then. Here is a summary of how I did it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: A_ekis

More
04 Nov 2021 08:21 - 04 Nov 2021 08:28 #225209 by A_ekis
Thanks for your help.
His Maho must have come from the same foundry as my mikron, because they are practically the same architecture.

I will look for the information of my servos, although for now I am with a bit small provisionals because I already had them, if everything works well, I will buy some dimensioned according to the machine.

What servo power have you installed to yours? I do not know if he explains it in the video, my English is not too good, and I have only been able to take a look at the video on my mobile due to lack of time.

I have seen that the system for joining the ball screws to the servos is not the same in yours as in mine, yours goes through belts, mine has pinions with a small play between them that will create a backlash, I suppose that the machine would originally correct this with scales and electronics.

I like the system better than yours will have to investigate.

Cheers and thank you again.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2021 08:28 by A_ekis.

More
07 Nov 2021 10:07 #225554 by RotarySMP
I have the original indramat drives and motors. I think they are nearly 2 hp.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds