Mesa Configuration Tool 7i96S Spindle

More
29 May 2022 12:57 #244120 by robertspark
I know it's minor and probably been fixed but noticed the 7i76e tool installs it's link into the CNC menu adjacent linuxcnc etc but does not have a title or icon. the 7i92 tool had a title but no icon. I can remember if they showed a tool tip either

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2022 13:07 #244122 by BigJohnT
I just pushed some work on the spindle section so from the Mesa Configuration Tool do File > Download Deb and save it then reinstall with Gdebi. I'm rigging up a DC power supply to test here locally in a bit.

On the Spindle t\ab select PWM Tyhpe PWM/Dir for type 1 and rebuild your configuration files.

JT

More
29 May 2022 13:13 - 29 May 2022 13:17 #244124 by BigJohnT

I know it's minor and probably been fixed but noticed the 7i76e tool installs it's link into the CNC menu adjacent linuxcnc etc but does not have a title or icon. the 7i92 tool had a title but no icon. I can remember if they showed a tool tip either

The menu is problematic in Debian, I see that there is no icon for the Mesa Configuration Tool.

Edit: looks like LinuxCNC has moved the icon for master...

JT
Last edit: 29 May 2022 13:17 by BigJohnT.

More
29 May 2022 16:21 #244134 by robertspark
I did have it installed on a bullseye config, with lcnc installed via local compiled master debs.

it was just a suggestion, sort of finishing off make it look nice thing.

some installs may be RIP too.... so using a shared icon file may not be a good idea for the sake of a 100kb or so.

More
29 May 2022 20:20 #244146 by BigJohnT
Right now an icon is at the bottom of the priority list, the spindle is at the top followed by improving the error reporting.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
30 May 2022 11:38 #244199 by BigJohnT
I just pushed a fix for the spindle and I've tested here. I do need to do some clean up work in that area but it works as is. When I'm done testing on other cards I'll bump the version.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
30 May 2022 19:15 #244238 by Bikerjoy
JT,

Downloaded your latest commit to 0.6.1 and it works great! Voltage now tracks setpoint nicely! Thanks again for great work and quick turn around on this!

R
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigJohnT

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds