Mesa 7i96

More
01 Jun 2022 14:00 #244372 by rohit269
Mesa 7i96 was created by rohit269
Sir,
I am facing problem, when network failure or power cut linuxcnc indicating error. Than starting linuxcnc software again, but linuxcnc show the beginning window this reason my work peace, not completed so this very difficult to start work the at same point. So please tell  how to solve this problem. 

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2022 10:53 - 03 Jun 2022 10:54 #244501 by smc.collins
Replied by smc.collins on topic Mesa 7i96
I am subscribing to this. My advice, and you can take it as you will. Try to break your maching programs into as many manageably sidezed sub operations as you can, and lay them out in a way and in a order that makes restarting easier.

create a grid
roughing 1 area1, area 2  etc 
Pockets , pocket 1, pocket 2 etc.

this way you can compare the CAM or other G code to the physical part and restart from the failed operation. but journaling of last op position as a logged value and having it kept as a way to restart from tool failure etc, that would be really handy.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2022 10:54 by smc.collins.

More
03 Jun 2022 12:12 #244515 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Mesa 7i96
In your ini file TRAJ section add this:
[TRAJ]

POSITION_FILE = position.txt
That saves the last position of the machine so when you restart have a look at the DRO and write down the values, then home and move back to those values, then click on the preview on the part from where to continue and use the "run from here".
The following user(s) said Thank You: rohit269, smc.collins

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds