5i24-25 firmware and general newbie questions

More
04 Oct 2022 17:32 #253462 by Vox
Hi, I'm retrofitting an Intelitek PLM2000 4-axis mill and I've made it to the point where I'm maybe getting a bit out of my depth.  I'm still pretty early in this process but I'm getting hung up at picking an appropriate firmware.

I have a 5i24-25, a 7i30-4 for the axis servos, 7i37TA, and a SPINx1 for the spindle.  The 7i37 should be sufficient for my IO needs but I do want to add a hand wheel as well.
Do I understand correctly that this would not connect to the 7i37, and that it and the SPINx1 would be wired to the remaining connector on the 5i24?
Also I discovered after ordering the SPINx1 that my spindle motor controller will take either a 0-10v or potentiometer input.  Is one way better than the other, or should I just used the SPINx1 since I have it?

Is there firmware already available that would work for me?  My next step was to try figuring out Xilinx ISE but I wanted to ask first.
Am I missing anything else obvious?  Also if there is a guide or anything that covers this that I may have missed, please let me know.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2022 20:36 #253467 by PCW
Normal firmware (say SVST8xxxx) should work for that set of cards
(with perhaps a bit odd wiring to the SPINX1)

You could use spare encoders on the second connector (first would be for the 7I30) for MPGs or firmware that incorporates the INM module could be used on the third connector (for the 7I37) providing up to 4 MPG channels on the 7I37

More
05 Oct 2022 19:38 #253568 by Vox
Thanks, I will give that a try.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds