Digital output on a Mesa 7i96s with an override switch

More
28 Dec 2022 17:13 #260480 by Wusel
dear all,I am slowly making progress on my Isel milling machine. The ATC gradually evolves. The spindle is a hight speed Jäger one with a pneumatically operated collet. This one is pressurized by opening a solenoid valve which I have put in sequence with ditital output 00. The 24V go to 00 , from 00- then to the solenoid and the other end of the solenoid tied to ground. This works fine. There is an additional flywheel diode although I believe in this configuration it shouldn't be necessary because the inductive spikes could directly go to ground.Anyhow, in order to be able to additionally open an close the collet manually I would like to install an override switch. When I press it, the solenoid receives the 24V  direktly.I am not quite sure about the SSR output on the 7i96 though. The manual states  that one should not revers polarity but that would't happen. However, both 00 and 00- would see 24V then.What is your feeling about it? The alternative would be to move the solenoid in front of the board and then pull the rear end of the solenoid to ground by pressing the switch. The picture shows both options.3rd possibility might be to manually trigger SSR00 via this switch but I have no idea how to do that ? I guess I would have to wire that switch to anoter input an then link that input to the SSR output?thanks in advance for your help
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2022 17:30 #260482 by PCW
Either way should work, and you only need one flyback diode
(as long as its across the coil)

The separate input method has the advantage of being able to interlock the switch
and know the switch position if that's of any use.

More
28 Dec 2022 21:41 #260487 by Wusel
I've just tried with the hard wiring of the switch. Seems to work ok, the Oscilloscope doesn't show any spikes when turning off, it also shows nicely the bouncing of the relay contacts

Rainer

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds