Portable Driver Code

More
04 Apr 2023 06:23 #268239 by Ark
Portable Driver Code was created by Ark
Hello all!
"Alert : Noob Ahead",
So I am thinking of a system where we can use a RPi running LinuxCNC and shift the multi axis step generation, motor driving stuffs to FPGA. Is it possible to do the same like using a altera DE0 nano board and RPi 4?
Regards and Love

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2023 23:48 #268301 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Portable Driver Code
Only use the de0 to be the driver board? Probably. The awesome linuxcnc driver stuff for fpga is called hostmot2 or hm2. This is used with all the mesa fpga cards. There are a bunch of ports of hm2 for other stuff so maybe. Otherwise you would have to port it your self I guess.

Use only the de0 and remove rpi?
They did this on machinekit
blog.machinekit.io/2016/04/altera-soc-ru...machinekit-with.html

More
05 Apr 2023 09:20 #268321 by Ark
Replied by Ark on topic Portable Driver Code
Ok, so my aim is to do all the LinuxCNC stuff in some say allwnner based D1 SoC, all the algorithmic operations being done there. Now the SoC will generate the step count and direction signals for each axis and send it to the FPGA, where we have 3 parallely working motor controller which will convert the steps to PWM pulses as appropriate along with direction signal.
Now the final signals will all be sent to motor driver such as a A4988, which drives the stepper motor.
Please tell me whether this is possible through the LinuxCNC && Hostmot2 system?

More
05 Apr 2023 09:27 #268322 by Ark
Replied by Ark on topic Portable Driver Code
I wish to replace this thing "4-Axis CNC Driver Box" ( www.sherline.com/product/8760-cnc-4-axis...ver-box/#description ) completely through FPGA.
Please help me and tell whether this is possible or not.

More
05 Apr 2023 10:28 #268324 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Portable Driver Code
@Ark
no double posting.
Topics merged.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds