Question for Mesa 7196s owners

More
25 Apr 2023 09:46 #269830 by SneakyGamer
Hey Guys,

So looking to make the transition to Linuxcnc and looking at getting the Mesa 7196s board, as finally conceeding and fed up of mach3 and chinese bob and the problems ive just been having.

Im looking to run a 4axis CNC with Slave and also a 12v PWM Diode Laser

issues ive been having currently is getting my board to be able to output a PWM that is fast enough to turn laser on and off without a delay, and would like the full pwm control and not have to use TTL

will i be able to acheive what im hoping to do with the Mesa board?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2023 10:57 #269842 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Question for Mesa 7196s owners
If you want fast PWM (KHz) you would need to use firmware
like 7i96s_2pwmd.bin that replaces the stepgen 4 step output with
a PWMgen.

More
26 Apr 2023 01:57 #269936 by SneakyGamer
Hey Thanks PCW

yeah i saw your name pop up a few times when i was searching for answers :P im guessing something you have done yourself?

so if i were to get that board and flash that firmware, you think i would be able to get the PWM speed to work for a laser? so it would turn on and off fast enough

ive built many different 3d printers and had to learn many different software setups, just hope i can manage to get things going smoothly, id hate to be mucking around for too long to get things all talking to each other, just because of something has gone wrong with software.

as its already not going to be easy having to get board shipped to Aus

More
26 Apr 2023 03:30 #269944 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Question for Mesa 7196s owners

as its already not going to be easy having to get board shipped to Aus

I have a 7i76e available in .AU thats available. I'm sure PCW  can sort out PWM control for it if  if he does not already have the firmware built
You can contact me here. www.vmn.com.au/contact,

More
26 Apr 2023 04:05 #269946 by SneakyGamer
ah excellent, yeah i did see you mention about having them in stock, but that was from 3 years ago, ill shoot you through a email.

your website didnt seem anything like selling pcb boards :P

More
26 Apr 2023 08:19 #269957 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Question for Mesa 7196s owners

ah excellent, yeah i did see you mention about having them in stock, but that was from 3 years ago, ill shoot you through a email.

your website didnt seem anything like selling pcb boards :P

Nah, I don't really sell them but with the shortages over the last few years I grabbed one when there was one in stock at Mesa but I can't see I'll need it moving forward. Still sealed in orginal packaging...

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds