7i96s and WJ200 VFD

More
03 Nov 2023 13:58 #284454 by MachNegativeOne
Hi all,

I am wanting to hook up my 7i96s motion control board to my Hitachi WJ200 VFD using modbus.  I have read the modbus page and have sees the WJ200 modbus driver - so all that seem good, it is just the protocol and the  hardware connections. I have a couple of questions I could not find answers for by searching.

(1) The modbus page says "For RS422 Modbus RTU communications these should be connected at the Mesa card Tx+ to Rx+ and Tx- to Rx-".  The WJ200 is RS485.  I have read that RS485 bus components can be used with RS422 network, I just want to make sure this will work.

(2) The modbus pages says "Typically Rx+ and TX+ will connect to the B- pin on the modbus device and Rx- and Tx- will connect to the A+ pin"  The WJ200 has SN and SP connections for RS485 (I presume this means serial neagative and serial positive).  So does this mean:  I connect the Rx+ and Tx+ together on the Mesa board and then connect that to the SN connection a=on the WJ200?  (same for the Rx- and Tx- to SP)

If you have connected your Mesa motion control baord to the WJ200 using modbus, please let me know any other tips that may be useful.

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2023 14:52 #284459 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i96s and WJ200 VFD
Yes I think you have polarity correct.
In addition on the 7I96S you need bias
resistors (100 to 300 Ohm)
from +5V to SP and GND to SN
The following user(s) said Thank You: MachNegativeOne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds