USC pico systems with Qtplasmac

More
18 Mar 2024 18:26 #296237 by edgemir
Is possible to get work GUI Qtplasmac with an USC board from Pico Systems. If is it possible, someone can explain please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2024 19:09 #296242 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic USC pico systems with Qtplasmac
I would think that QtPlasmac is fairly independent of
interface hardware.

More
18 Mar 2024 22:37 #296260 by jmelson
The plasma torch needs to send some information to the CNC control about the arc voltage, so the torch height controller can move the torch up/down. This may take two digital inputs and two digital outputs, or could be controlled as an axis (Z).
Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: edgemir

More
19 Mar 2024 01:06 #296280 by phillc54
If you got the plasma table working as a three axis machine using the AXIS GUI then we could probably create a script to convert the config to QtPlasmaC. The conversion could certainly be done manually.

More
19 Mar 2024 02:20 #296284 by edgemir
Thanks for your reply. I've been working with the sample configuration that comes with linuxcnc 2.9.2. I have already managed to get the motors to work without using encoders, I am trying with the times and speeds that come by default. I'm using Gecko G201X Drivers and there seems to be no loss of steps or excessive vibration. I am confused by the fact that there are no pins where the axes are assigned to each step/dir generator for each axis, I understand that the pulses are generated by the hardware and not the PC, but if my configuration uses two motors for the "X" axis, I don't know how to tell it to the USC card. And in the same way I don't know how to indicate which axis I am going to use to control Z in Qtplasmac. I thank you in advance for the help

More
19 Mar 2024 14:28 #296322 by jmelson
The simplest way to have a gantry axis is to just connect the step and dir outputs to TWO motor drivers. If you really want to have separate control for each motor, such as to have the homing sequence square up the gantry, then it gets more complicated. In the file univstep_motion.hal the position counters and step generators are linked to hal pins, and then in univstep_servo.hal they are linked to the "joints" in LinuxCNC. Actually, if you plant to use encoders, it is best to start with the set of files under USC_encod, which has separate ini file settings for the encoder counter and step generator scale factors.
Jon

More
14 Apr 2024 22:07 #298260 by edgemir

File Attachment:

File Name: univstep.ini
File Size:8 KB
I am again with the USC configuration to use it with a plasma, I already have the configuration to use two motors in the X axis, I used the sample configuration in inches, but the speed is too low for what I need, I already changed the configuration to mm, update the SCALE and other variables, with my needs, since I use a 1.5 module pinion with 20 teeth and it gives me a linear displacement of 94.24 mm/rev, I am using the Gecko g201x drivers that come in 10 microsteps. I have been trying to adjust the PID but I cannot do it with this speed, since the motor vibrates and does not reach the position, since it remains oscillating. Could you guide me on where to go to adjust the PID with my requirements? I thank you in advance for your support. I attach the INI file with the changes I have made, I have left the PID parameters as they are in the sample file.
Attachments:

More
15 Apr 2024 15:04 #298290 by jmelson
First thing is to increase MAX_VELOCITY in at least 6 places (separate values for each Joint and Axis). Then, set DEADBAND to equal 1.5 times the reciprocal of SCALE. Finally, reduce the PID I term to about 1 and reduce P as low as you can go while still allowing the axis to move. Change MIN_FERROR to some large value to prevent following errors. Start Halscope from the machine pulldown menu and set it to show velocity of the axis you are trying to adjust. Add an input to show the PID_error of that axis. Set the trigger to trigger on the velocity, and then move the axis with the jog keys. Adjust FF1 to get the minimum following error. Once you have FF1 controlling the velocity of the axis, then you can increase P until the axis oscillates. Then, increase D in small increments to remove the oscillation. Now, you can turn MIN_FERROR down to a small value again. Now, copy these PID and FF1 values to all Joints and Axes. Hopefully this will get rid of the oscillation and slow speeds.
Jon

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds