April 2023 LinuxCNC meeting at Tormach headquarters

More
14 Mar 2023 18:25 #266684 by Cerna
Hello,
I am interested to know who is considering to attend the planned LinuxCNC meeting:

April 22-23 2023 (over weekend)
Tormach Inc.
4009 Felland Road, Ste. 120
Madison, Wisconsin
United States

Mentioned in the LinuxCNC development mailing list by John and Daniel
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2023 00:24 #267650 by cakeslob
Cakeslob is going.
Cakeslob is also looking to do a Remora presentation, featuring a powerpoint, hardware demonstration with tiny cnc machines(fits in my checked baggage), and maybe freeshit if everyone is well behaved.
Scott A, the author of the project, sends his regards, and said he would help me with the powerpoint, so that every bullet point is animated.
I will be quiet the rest of the time.
So please fit me into agenda, preferable late saturday maybe(to generate a buzz for sunday, when everyone will ask for an encore presentation) .

I didnt know who to email about this.
I also dont know if there is an agenda, or how any of the meeting works, or if I need to dress business casual or business/informal. I hope it doesnt start at 8am.

If this is not appropriate for this event, please let me know now. I will understand if you crusty old guys find the idea "too much fun" , and you probably will need all the extra time to discuss the debian copyright issues in full detail.

If there are no objections, I will proceed with making the necessary arrangements for my tasteful, professional presentation. If there are objections, I will hold a separate, parallel meeting at the same time, but with black jack and hookers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
28 Mar 2023 00:40 #267652 by spumco
I find myself suddenly tempted to make the trip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
28 Mar 2023 09:06 #267682 by robertspark
any chance of steaming something / some of the presentations to us not able to travel? (i did a seagull visit to the US last September so another short trip won't be entertained by the management {SWMBO})

More
09 Apr 2023 23:33 #268729 by andypugh
I will be there.

More
10 Apr 2023 17:41 #268764 by andypugh

I didnt know who to email about this.
I also dont know if there is an agenda, or how any of the meeting works, or if I need to dress business casual or business/informal. I hope it doesnt start at 8am.

The previous meetups that I have been to (In Wichita and Stuttgart) have not had any agenda, just a bunch of folks bringing some projects and chatting about LinuxCNC. Which isn't to say that there isn't scope for a presentation on Remora, I would certainly like to know more about it. 

electronicsam.com/images/KandT/Fest2013/DSC_3805.JPG is a photo from the Wichita fest, dress was decidedly casual. 

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxC...Meeting_2016_Germany is a report from one of the meetups in Sturrgart. 

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds