Deckel FP41NC retrofit

More
19 Sep 2011 07:57 #13281 by marcel
Hi All,
I have a Deckel with a Heidenhein 310 control that’s dead. After reading all I could find on the Net about Deckel retrofits I decided to go the stepper root. I will go open loop for starters using three NAMA 42 three stack motors and Gecko 7 amp drives. The machine will be used for making moulds so high speed is not that important. I would like to get the spindle speed up, my problem is more with the spindle speed control and how I can control it from EMC. I don’t exactly know how those three gear changing motors work. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with a wiring diagram for this machine and any information on the spindle control.
Regards
Marcel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 14:28 #13295 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Deckel FP41NC retrofit
marcel wrote:

After reading all I could find on the Net about Deckel retrofits I decided to go the stepper root.

I think that steppers might be a false economy on a machine of that quality.

How much are you willing to spend on the conversion?

More
19 Sep 2011 15:12 #13299 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Deckel FP41NC retrofit
Do the current drives and servos work?

John

More
19 Sep 2011 16:17 - 19 Sep 2011 16:17 #13301 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Deckel FP41NC retrofit
After a bit of further research (ie, looking at pictures of the FP41) I am even more sure that steppers are not going to work well. There is an awful lot of metal moving around on those machines as the column slides on the table for Y, carrying all the X and Z with it.

It would be much better (and cheaper) to keep the existing motors and (if possible) the drives, and only replace the controller.

For reference, here are pictures of a machine of the same type:
www.gebrauchtmaschinen-haendler.de/popup....php?pID=114&imgID=3
(And very nice it is too)
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 16:17 by andypugh.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds