Bridgeport Series II Interact 2 retrofit

More
06 Feb 2010 16:42 #1794 by john_f
Here is a link to my recent retrofit on a 1987 Bridgeport Series II Interact 2 mill.

www.machineability.com/Bridgeport_series_II.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2010 13:41 #1812 by bezelchuck
Great work !!!

A very professional looking installation. I'll be upgrading my Interact4 as soon as I'm done with the Hurco (which is dead as a dodo and so a priority) so will be studying the files you've put on your website. Many thanks.

Phil

More
24 Apr 2010 20:38 #2684 by Gegsite
Really cool!
RESPECT!

More
24 Apr 2010 21:18 #2690 by BigJohnT
Looking Good!

John

More
02 Mar 2011 01:06 #7525 by sduqu2011
Great looking machine. We retrofitted a Bridgeport J-Head and like a lot of the ideas you have.

-Spencer

More
12 Jun 2015 01:43 #59716 by aventtini
Did you have any schematics on the EXE board i have a TNC155 that i want to get the TTL out

More
13 Jun 2015 02:10 #59757 by john_f
I don't have schematics. My controller was TNC 151. Here are some photos and some notes on the TTL signals.

TNC-151 analog board
The following user(s) said Thank You: LearningLinuxCNC

More
16 Jul 2015 02:08 #60640 by aventtini
Some updates we have a question on the last pic the 74L500 converts the signal from + to - ? and i see the schematic there is a Enable . Whats that stand for ? we have connected the TNC 155 board and we have got all the channels out but i understand from my friend that you have use that IC for inverting the signal to - from +

More
16 Jul 2015 07:40 #60643 by john_f
For each encoder there is there are the quadrature signals A and B. Each encoder also has an Index pulse. Apparently Heidenhain used an enable signal to allow / not allow the index pulse. The enable signal came from the back plane connector. The 74LS00 is what is called a quad NAND gate. A NAND gate is a logic device that will output a H (High) for all combinations of the 2 input signals except when the 2 inputs are both H then the output will b L (low). See truth table for NAND gate . The Index pulse flows through the NAND gate before making its way to the connector. Since I wanted to only use the signals on the connector I had to supply the enable signal by installing a jumper for each of the enable signals to a logic H. H is 5V in this case. The jumpers are show in image_2685. So now the index pulses for each encoder can be taken from the connector according to IMAG0719. You are also correct that the index pulse is also inverted as it goes through the NAND gate (74LS00).

I hope this helps

John

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds