MAHO 500 from Philips 432 to Linuxcnc

More
25 Apr 2012 12:24 #19523 by rover
I bought two Maho 500 from a scool ( analog servo's, analog spindel control, Phillips 432 control unit )
The machines are equipped with a B-axis, and were working with the old control units.
I use MESA 5i20 / 7i48 / 2x /i37 cards for convertion.
I spend the last week to discover the function of the phillips PE 2480 glassscales. This part is done, i will get a convertion board ( Phillips --> A,B , 0,5mil , 1ยต resolution ) next week ready .
I started now to discover the HAL files for adaption on the Mesa cards. This seems to be the next week of work.
Now my question : can anybody help me with knowledge (ini,hal.files, program for gear change ... ) for this card-machine combination ?
My specific question is the implemetation of the Mesa cards in the machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2012 13:42 #20209 by RIM
:woohoo: Hi Rover. This you are doing sounds great, I have just sold my old Maho 300P and purchased a 500C to get a real CNC, it is also with Philips 432 and I have been looking at a way to interface it to LinuxCNC, I would like to help out where I can and are interested in all details. I have not yet decided if I change it to LinuxCNC or not it all depends on if I can see a solution for all the interface issues. I have all the documentation with schematics and descriptions parameter lists and education material on the 432 .I have purchased Mesa cards just one of each yet. My strong sides are electronic and hardware close SW. Claus.

More
19 May 2012 00:14 #20219 by andypugh
rover wrote:

My specific question is the implemetation of the Mesa cards in the machine.

If you ask specific questions, then you should get good answers.
Both the owner of Mesa Electronics and the chap who has written many of the LinuxCNC drivers for them are active on this forum.

More
23 Feb 2021 18:34 #199871 by MHO
Hello,
which methode you are using to convert the philips signal to a 5V TTL signal ?
Big thanks!

MHO

More
23 Feb 2021 19:00 #199876 by RIM
Hi MHO, I newer heard anything from rover. My Maho 500C is no longer in my garage, after I had repaired it and had it running for a while I swap it for a smaller machine that was half converted to LinuxCNC, actual I didn't have space for it if I had to service the electronics I had to open the garage door out to the free. After the Philips was op and running I stop looking for solutions with LinuxCnNC. Regards Claus.

More
04 Feb 2024 06:01 #292359 by vasiabikeru
RIM, can you share what machine did you get? I am looking at a MAHO 400e and trying to figure out if there is something smaller out there that can fit in my shed with similar capability. Thank you.

More
04 Feb 2024 16:56 #292415 by RIM
I got a Aboga with cross table XY already made with ball spindles, I have added ball spindles to the Z and up grated with a new computer and now it is running smooth. After I have made two 3D printers I don't use it anymore and are thinking selling it.
Regards Claus..

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds