question volatge siemens drive

More
07 Oct 2012 17:33 #25108 by jlviloria
Ok thanks Andy.

On Monday I have high expectations .... I could already move my spindle and axes my hope everything goes well.

Any additional recommendation, I read that it is better to connect a physical emergency stop and not trusted.

something man scares me is that my spindle or my axle are not wanted.

Any recommendations to avoid the increased risk, it is very difficult to square the PID, or is just keep trying. trial and error?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2012 17:57 #25109 by andypugh
jlviloria wrote:

I read that it is better to connect a physical emergency stop and not trusted.

The machine should already have one?

Any recommendations to avoid the increased risk, it is very difficult to square the PID, or is just keep trying. trial and error?

If you start with only P, and that with a small value, then all that can really go wrong is that the axis might run off in the wrong direction.

You could set the maximum output voltages of the 7i77 to be very low. (0.5V) to further slow things down.

More
07 Oct 2012 19:42 - 07 Oct 2012 19:43 #25110 by BigJohnT
jlviloria wrote:

it is very difficult to square the PID, or is just keep trying. trial and error?

The method I use is:

verify the encoder goes the correct direction when you move the axis by hand (no power to drive)

verify the drive enable is functioning

verify the axis jogs in the correct direction (might need a tiny bit of P to jog)

For a velocity input drive I tune using halscope to view my progress as shown here:

gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/tuning/servo.html

John
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 19:43 by BigJohnT.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds