Emco Compact 5 interface with linuxcnc (painless)

More
20 Jul 2017 13:42 #96146 by andypugh
Just delete the "loadrt probe_parport" from your HAL file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2017 13:59 #96147 by Line680
Thank you all so much! :)

It worked just removing "loadrt probe_parport" as described! :)

Now i just need to learn the LinuxCNC program to start using the lathe. ;)

/Stefan

More
05 Mar 2018 23:40 #107008 by nateinaus
Thanks for doing all of this work for the Emco lathe, I found one buried and not functioning at my school and revived it. Works awesome!!

Cheers

More
17 Sep 2021 09:46 #220870 by Mixomax
Hello, i get the Half-fullstepMorph_MM configs  and have troubles to threading whith my PC5, linuxcnc is waiting on the G33 comand, for velocity (o in linuxcnc statment but ok in the display) . in halmeter, the encoder ppr change statement thats ok, the encoder index as well, it seems the encoder index-enable don't change....

could you help me, i am not used to computer things, i learned a lot in few weeks but it looks like i am hurting a wall.
thanks you...

More
23 Oct 2021 18:26 - 23 Oct 2021 20:48 #224010 by mlw19mlw91
Has anyone modified the setup a little bit to be compatible with the original EMCO automatic tool changer?

^ I am going to be in your boat in a few weeks to a few months, this thread was a good read. We can figure it out together when I get there if we don't get advice on this!

So, could you post some code, or screen shots?

Encoder index-enable is your input from the CNC machine? If so check for a chip stuck by the sensor. Had that happen :)

If it's something from the HAL file or linuxcnc, no ideas (yet).
Last edit: 23 Oct 2021 20:48 by mlw19mlw91.

More
13 Nov 2021 19:21 #226350 by mlw19mlw91
I have a machine with serial number A6AC2C4035 which seems to indicate a 7th generation machine. It has software identical to the 5th generation (which started with serial number 1500), has the video and tool reverser extension, absolute value programming, RS-232 and DNC interface.

So the DB25 connector goes to the RS-232 connector on the video display output board, and not the DNC interface.

I presume this will require some work to make it work with this machine. Can anybody confirm or deny that they've used this on a machine with a serial number over 3540?

There's very good info I've found and I should be able to make it work with the DNC interface of my (later?) machine, but any shortcut would be awesome.

More
16 Nov 2021 00:03 #226610 by mlw19mlw91
I can confirm that it does not work with my generation of EMCO compact 5.  I've attached a pin out from my machine here:

The older machines seem to be different.  I was able to activate some relevant options from the pinout sheet.  I could get the tool changer to rotate, and I could switch it from CNC to hand operation.  Could not do much else.  The config file from earlier in this thread made the machine go haywire.  

Not sure I can do anything at all with this generation of machine and the pin out information.  There doesn't seem to be any info on how I would control this machine.  
Attachments:

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds