Yaskawa drives and servos

More
18 May 2010 18:37 #2895 by JJBrew
Hi group I have finely started to switch my Smithy 3n1 over to CNC using EMC , Has anyone in the group used the Yaskawa drives at all I was told that the drives I have will take a step signal I am now waiting on Yaskawa to see if they have a pin out on there drives to a PC .Still waiting

Yaskawa drives are SGDA-04-AP and the motors are SGMP-04 400watt and 200 volt

:S

John

I can not wait to get this up and running I think the servos will work out great 180 oz with a peak of 560oz

thanks guys in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2010 23:54 #2901 by BigJohnT
Hi John,

I think I've seen some guys on the mailing list that used Yaskawa drives so if you don't find anyone here you can get to a broader base of people by asking on the mailing list too. Some folks prefer here some the mailing list and some the IRC...

John

More
30 Dec 2013 09:27 #42189 by jackw19
Replied by jackw19 on topic Yaskawa drives and servos
Say, JJBrew and BigJohnT, did either of you gents come on any examples of a successful implementation of a LinuxCNC system using Yaskawa AC servos? Rooting around in my motor box I just found a pair of motors and drives with nearly identical part numbers to JJBrew's.

I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks in advance.

More
30 Dec 2013 10:24 #42192 by jackw19
Replied by jackw19 on topic Yaskawa drives and servos
Well, it turns out there are some Yaskawa servo EMC2 users out there. Maybe I posted my question prematurely--sorry. Some pretty sophisticated discussion exists, e.g.. "That is exactly the case with my Yaskawa / EMC2 servo system. If fact this common setup is called a ' P / PI Cascaded Loop with Velocity Feed Forward'". Guess I'll keep my ears open.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds