Mach3 Breakout board help please.

More
05 Sep 2015 19:54 - 05 Sep 2015 19:56 #62145 by Mark
I'm in over my head.

I'm retrofitting my cnc with a Mach3 break out board and I need a little help since Ive never done anything like this before.

This is the breakout board I'm using: www.gbeshop.com/InfoBase/SAVEBASE/PKG/00...erfaces_fw_r2_c1.jpg

www.gbeshop.com/InfoBase/SAVEBASE/PKG/00...diagram_fw_r2_c1.jpg

1: The proximity switches on my machine are these: www.ia.omron.com/product/item/tlq_2001e/ The blue and brown wires are connected in parallel along all the sensors so I assume that one of them is common. The black runs back to the board for each one so have connected them to the X/Y/Z Axis Limit Switch spots on the left of the board respectively. I assume that one of the others (blue I think) would be ground. The brown would be voltage input? I have connected it directly to 5v. Does this sound correct?

2: The Emergency switch at the moment just cuts all power to the machine, should I just leave it like that or wire it into the break out board? Cutting the power seems safer, are there any advantages to having it controlled by the software?

3: My VFD is run by an Atlee Inverter. This seems to be the exact same one : (pdf) www.atl88.com/uploadfile/20100719/20100719153822563.pdf

Do I still need to wire something into the 0-10Vspindle speed Output Connect? There where only two wires running into the inverter, one into pin 7 - FWD and one into COM. I have just wired those two into the Spindle ON/OFF Control interface at the top right of the break out board. Is this correct?

4: The stepper controllers had the white plugs on them so I have just plugged them into the "5 Axis Common Anode Interface ...." slots above the bottom row of pins, do I need to run any additional wiring to the controllers?

I have downloaded and pre installed from the Linuxcnc live install dvd. I'm a little unsure about the pin layout of the board I'm using, can someone help me with a pin layout?

Also I have no idea about the stepper settings for my drivers (www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2-phase...02844_382651457.html), my idea was to leave them on the default settings and then play with them until I get them right. Could I damage anything by doing this?

Sorry if some of the questions seem stupid. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2015 19:56 by Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2015 20:26 - 05 Sep 2015 21:23 #62146 by cncbasher
This forum deals with linuxcnc, however happy to help
help.
Your omoron proximity switches connect between +5V and your breakout board input.
some proximity sensors are 2 wire and some are 3 , if they are marked + & - then they go to the 5v and gnd and the third wire is the switched input to the breakout board

Brown = +5v
Blue = 0v
Black = input to bob
Last edit: 05 Sep 2015 21:23 by cncbasher.

More
05 Sep 2015 21:02 #62147 by Mark
Thanks! I am using (trying to) LinuxCNC. I was told I could use the mach3 breakout board with LinuxCNC? I sure hope so!

More
05 Sep 2015 21:10 - 05 Sep 2015 22:16 #62148 by cncbasher
yes you can ,

attached is a schematic of how you should have the steppers wired
i need to look for info for the vfd , but if you need to control the speed via the interface then you may probably need a interface pwm to 10v

you may probably need an extra relay for forward and reverse

i'd leave the estop circuit as it is , but we can interface that into linuxcnc later as an input signal
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Sep 2015 22:16 by cncbasher.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds