Hypertherm powermax 65 ARC OK

More
30 Oct 2015 00:41 #64478 by echesortux
Hello everybody, I am trying to build a plasma CNC machine with a hypertherm powermax 65. reading the manual of the plasma I can find in the rear panel a pin out

Start (start plasma) Input Normally open.

Transfer
(start machine motion) output normally open

Ground

voltage divider ouput

my question is what is the ARC OK ? and how should I hook it up to to my breakout? in my understanding the first one is selfexplained ( start the machine ) and should be the last one use to connect to a THC? and what is transfer?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2015 09:35 #64499 by tommylight
START is the input to plasma from a relay on the break out board, TRANSFER is the ARCOK signal that goes from plasma to BOB or to THC depending on your setup and type of THC, Voltage Divider is the output goes from plasma to THC voltage input usually 5V.
Give us more info, so we can better explain.
Regards,
Tom

More
30 Oct 2015 11:53 #64503 by lincamx
If you are using a THC like the Proma-Elektronika Plasma Torch Height Control , It has an ARK OK
The Hypertherm has the same thing call transfer.

You only need to use one or the other, If I am not mistaken
Which one would work best , don't know. If you have a THC, I would try that output first.

More
30 Oct 2015 12:06 #64504 by lincamx
Hello Tom

I have the 150 Proma-Elektronika Plasma Torch Height Control and a Hypertherm 65, planning on trying to use the files you posted.
I am a little confused on the wiring for the limit/touch off switches.

What is the best way to wire the BOB to use the files.

Thank for any help you can provide.

Don't mean to high jack this thread, but it may help the OP also.

More
30 Oct 2015 18:56 #64510 by echesortux
thank everybody for the response. I have a Proma compact sd. It doesn't have any arc ok signal. here you have more information

proma-elektronika.com/index.php/en/produ...ntrol/compact-thc-sd

why doesn't my proma thc sd have Arc ok Signal ? should I use the transfer signal from Hyperthem? if so how must I connect it to my breakbord as in the manual it is an output of 120 VCA/ 1A

sorry for that question but I am newbie and a bit confuse.

Thanks.

More
30 Oct 2015 23:15 - 30 Oct 2015 23:16 #64525 by Rick G

why doesn't my proma thc sd have Arc ok Signal ?

Looks like the THC monitors the voltage and then applies correction independent of the software running the torch. Within a certain range it determines the arc is established.
As such linuxcnc will not be aware of the THC running, nor need a signal.

However you may want the Arc O.K. signal feed into hal to start movement after the torch is lit.

Rick G
Last edit: 30 Oct 2015 23:16 by Rick G.

More
31 Oct 2015 01:39 #64528 by Rick G
Depending on your g code source and it's post processor a feed hold may be used in linuxcnc to wait for an Arc O.K. signal.
Some more info is here...M53-M66

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/m-code.html#_m53_feed_stop_control

So an input on your bob is connected to the Arc O.K. / transfer output (normally a relay) on your torch and a hal pin is connected to that pin in hal.

You need to let us know what bob you are using.

So for example 5 volt from your bob is fed to the torch Arc O.K. relay and the output of that relay is connected to an input on your bob.

Rick G

More
31 Oct 2015 06:51 #64534 by tommylight
Proma THC SD does not have an ARCOK signal output, it has that internaly linked to start correcting the torch height on it's own, so Linuxcnc does not know if the torch has fired, but you can do some tests and add G04 P0.2 for a 0.2 sec pause after the M3 command or whatever you find works best.
You can not use the THC config from my post with THC SD, only THC 150, and all the explanations and how to modify it to your needs are attached with the config.
Regards,
Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: echesortux

More
01 Nov 2015 04:52 #64561 by echesortux
OK I understand. So with Proma SD it's not neccesary have an ARC OK rigth? in case I would like to have an ARC OK signal could i get it from the transfer signal in Hyperthen using a relay and connect it to my breakboard as a digital signal ?

thank everybody day after day i learn a bit about plasma. :)

More
01 Nov 2015 08:27 #64564 by tommylight
Yes you can and you should since you can use a regular linuxcnc config and just add the motion hold until it gets the ARCOK ( or transfer in your case ) to start moving. That would get rid of the pause i mentioned in a post above for thinner materials, on 5mm and above you would still need the pause for piercing.
Did you wire the THC SD already? it is very simple to wire up, but i sold one and i had to go install it since the person that bought it thought it was way to complicated !!! It is very simple and it works like a charm.
Regards,
Tom

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds