Hypertherm powermax 65 ARC OK

More
01 Nov 2015 12:32 - 01 Nov 2015 12:40 #64567 by lincamx

thank everybody for the response. I have a Proma compact sd. It doesn't have any arc ok signal. here you have more information

proma-elektronika.com/index.php/en/produ...ntrol/compact-thc-sd

why doesn't my proma thc sd have Arc ok Signal ? should I use the transfer signal from Hyperthem? if so how must I connect it to my breakbord as in the manual it is an output of 120 VCA/ 1A

sorry for that question but I am newbie and a bit confuse.

Thanks.

That 120 VCA/ 1A that is in the manual , It is a n/o relay for transfer output and 120/1amp is the max to run through it.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2015 12:40 by lincamx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2015 12:46 #64568 by Rick G
Look in your hyrpertherm manual for the Arc O.K. or transfer connections. They might be pins 12 and 14. The relay is in your torch unit.
When the arc transfers the relay closes and a connection is made between the 2 pins (again they might be pins 12 and 14 check your manual) see previous post.
These will connect to an input on your break out board.

In your hal configuration you will need a line such as...
# starts the motion when the plasma arc has transfered to the work
net start-motion-input thc.arc-ok <= motion.digital-in-00 <= parport.0.pin-15-in

Take a look at the sample THC configurations supplied with linuxcnc
Sample Configurations / by interface / mesa / plasma 5i20
You will not use the THC part, just the transfer O.K. motion hold.

motion...
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

Your g code can use M66 to wait for the Arc O.K. signal.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/m-code.html#_m66_wait_on_input

A typical cut might consist of..
Move X and Y to pierce location.
Move Z to pierce height.
Turn torch on.
Wait for Arc O.K. signal.
Lower Z to cut height.
Pause if necessary to complete pierce on thick material.
Start moving X and Y for cut.

Rick G
The following user(s) said Thank You: echesortux

More
03 Nov 2015 20:47 #64697 by echesortux
Ok now I understand. next weekend I am going to do some test as I hope finish the machine. I'll let you know how it goes.
thank you everybody.

More
19 Sep 2016 13:42 - 19 Sep 2016 13:44 #80605 by zhivko
It was mentioned that transfer in manual is marked as 120 VCA/ 1A.
Since I use 5V voltage levels - can I directly connect this to my beaglebone board with cramps hat ( Cramps WIKIPEDIA )?
Cramps hat for beaglebone board actually makes BB (although 3.3V device) 5V compatible.

So do I need some special optocoupler or relay in between of transfer signal and 5V digital input on my cramps hat on beaglebone?

Although this is old thread I hope it will be answered.

regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2016 13:44 by zhivko. Reason: added additional web links and spellinf correction

More
19 Sep 2016 14:06 - 19 Sep 2016 14:10 #80607 by tommylight
That is a normally opened relay output, so it does not output any voltage. You can use that with any input that has pull up resistors.
Almost all BOB's and other electronic have them, so you do not need anything more. It would be nice to have something ( either relay or opto will do) so you have less interference from cables.

Zhivko,
Ovde ima forum i na Srpsko-Hrvatskom Jeziku, ako ti nesto nije jasno, slobodno pisi i na tvom jeziku.
Translated:
We have also Serbo-Croatian language here in the forum, if something is not clear, write in your own language.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2016 14:10 by tommylight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zhivko, thefabricator03

More
19 Sep 2016 14:11 - 19 Sep 2016 14:12 #80609 by zhivko
Ah - so this means if it is GND than this means transfer or "ARC OK"
otherwise it is bound to cramps or whatever controller on another side of plasma (in my case pull up to 5V) and this is "ARC NOT OK"
?
Last edit: 19 Sep 2016 14:12 by zhivko.

More
19 Sep 2016 14:13 #80611 by zhivko
Regarding to serbian croation - it is not problem to me to write in english and with english we have broader audience so more people can reshare the knowledge ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Sep 2016 14:15 #80613 by tommylight
The output from Hyertherm is a normal relay conntact, so they are nor connected to anything, they just connect to each other when the arc is ok . You might have to add the NOT in some cases, if you get inverted signals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zhivko

More
06 Oct 2016 21:37 #81315 by zhivko
Replied by zhivko on topic Plasma gurus
I am in doubt how to wire Hypertherm Powermax45 xp plasma with CPC port, so I decided to post picture with connections here.
I hope some experts could correct me.
The main problem seems to be for me that voltage levels are not clearly stated in manual and I do not want to ruin some board with two high voltage. They ention dry contact in manual - so actually I have difficulty to know should I use relay or not - or how connection should be made.

The controller that should trigger or read signals from CPC port is BeagleBone black that runs linuxcnc - actually it is equiped with CRAMPS hat that is 5V level compatible (reprap.org/wiki/CRAMPS).

On picture below you will see that for:
1) thc voltage I use mesa thcad 10V card
2) for plasma start signal I use 5V relay
3) for transfer signal - I plan to directly connect THC signal to cramps signal - this is the point that worries me most, but I am not sure will in case of transfer plasma box pull this line to gnd and when signal is not triggered it will be left floating so it will be pulled to 5V on cramps board side?

Is my wiring OK ?

I hope picture could let you know how do I plan to connect it and I am opened to suggestions and/or corrections.
Attachments:

More
07 Oct 2016 03:07 #81323 by echesortux
Replied by echesortux on topic Plasma gurus
Hola
zhivko, no entendi bien tu grafico, pero por lo que el traductor me dice entiendo que tienes dificultades con el arcok.
Los pines 3 y 4 considero que los conectaste bien, esos debes unirlos cuando quieres prender el plasma.
Los pines 12 y 14 son los de arcok, es un rele NO que se encuentra incluido en su plasma y se cerrara cuando su hypertherm logre producir el arco de corte, esa signal la recibe su placa controladora y la transmite al linuxcnc. Hay un Gcode que espera esta signal para continual con el programa.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds