Press Brake CNC Control & G-Code

More
13 May 2020 00:01 #167578 by bymccoy
In theory you can create tables etc, but in reality it just doesn’t work like that. The super expensive CNC press brakes use laser positioning to dynamically measure the part and stop when the angle is found. You just can’t get that level of repeatability across batches of sheet metal for a start - spring back can vary based on temp or just what mood it’s in.

You would also have to factor the punch radius, the die size, shoulder and angle. Is the bed crowned? Bending a 100mm part requires different crowning compensation compared to 1000mm - and that has to be done per bend.

You just have to do a test and then use that Y for the session, and treat it as a reference for future batches. The closest you can get is to record each Y you use and build a table of your own of actual data.

I’ve found that there’s no repeatable or safe way of zeroing the Y axis or even the punch holders (if they have crowning adjustment). It’s all very manual. You’ll find that any numbers you get are relative and not absolute. You’ll be lucky to even find a way of getting the Y axis to be accurate to the fraction of a mm (which you need), so again, it’s trial and error with setup.

Full automation comes at a cost... normally £70k upwards plus extras.

Not the answer you’re looking for I know!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2020 20:40 #184037 by tommylight
No spamming !
Link removed.

More
15 Sep 2022 01:59 #251967 by Amerk
Hi we purchased a Nisshibo press break RT80-2550 at a supposedly working condition however as it turns out it was upgraded with LINUX CNC and the PC that was used with it is missing .
We are a little stuck as the machine cost quite a bit to transport back .
Currently we installed a different PC and bought the corresponding MESA board 5i25 .
We concluded this was the correct card because the daughter card inside the machine is a 7i77 .
i have never done anything with Linux CNC and i wanted to see if anyone here has advice for me and if there are any pres break presets we can use to avoid starting fully from scratch .

More
15 Sep 2022 04:00 #251973 by PCW
Its really unfortunate to lose the configuration files (hal and ini files)
as press brake setup is pretty uncommon so there's not a lot of
examples around.

Maybe someone else with a LinuxCNC press brake setup can help.

Is there no chance of getting the original PC (or just files from it ) back?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amerk

More
15 Sep 2022 10:52 #251986 by tommylight
Here is everything about press brakes on this forum, maybe there is something useful there:
www.google.com/search?q=press+brake+site...149&bih=562&dpr=2.22

More
15 Sep 2022 14:21 #251998 by EW_CNC
I am using LinuxCNC for pressbrake control.
I am pleased with how it works.
Here is the link to my latest configuration.  Press Brake Control

I'm using 7i97 to control a hydraulic directional servo valve for the ram,
and have the original Moog servo drives for the backstop."

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds