Startup Logic Biesse Rover 30

More
03 Mar 2017 15:05 #88934 by bevins
Looking at this machine, what is required to for this machine to turn on in linuxcnc.... WOW!

No indication with green light, have to check. One of these is open....lol

See attached schematic!

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2017 16:16 #88936 by tommylight
Good luck hunting through that !
Find 2 or 3 places where you can access the wires going to those switches, check with multimeter, narrow it down step by step.

More
03 Mar 2017 16:16 #88937 by Todd Zuercher
I'm not sure what exactly is your question. But a rough guess is you'd probably only need a couple digital inputs and one or two digital outs.

That does seem to be a couple of rather disturbingly long chains of hardware logic. But in reality it probably isn't quite as bad as it looks on paper when you work out exactly what every thing really is.

More
03 Mar 2017 23:32 #88972 by bevins
No question. I got this covered. I just thought it was a long chain for an e-stop.

Thought I would share.

More
04 Mar 2017 03:21 #88977 by Todd Zuercher
Not knowing what most of those switches actually are, I'm guessing a lot of them are things like door safety interlocks, and other such things.

More
04 Mar 2017 04:00 #88978 by bevins
Alot of them are thermic switches on contactors. Then quite a bit of emer rope, and carpet switches. There are a few fail cutouts like on the inverter, there are braking resistor thermal switches.

This is before you get to turn on the machine, so there is no indication except for the few inputs into the controller at a few points. No physical indication. And in the manual it is not laid out like m,y drawing. It is really confusing in the manual, but the drawing is not too bad.

But there is alot of I/O on these Biesse machines. They are kind of fun to work on.

There is no upgrade path at all with the manufacturer Biesse. They say thart machien is too old and you need to buy a new one. The controller on the late 90's are running a version of linux/unix conglomerate.

More
04 Mar 2017 04:03 #88979 by bevins
The K11151 and K11171 make up the estop latching. They are Siemens safety relay they call them. They are pretty cool though. They are designed just for estop and safety applications.

More
04 Mar 2017 14:15 #88989 by Todd Zuercher
I doubt it is much different than all of the bigger wood working cncs I deal with at work from Heian, Komo, Northwood, SCMI, and Anderson, They are all pretty similar with huge numbers of io and large and complex PLCs. Part of the problem is there is usually a vast array of possible optional machine configurations, and the PLCs are usually set up to accommodate all of them with branches and bits for configuring them. We have an ancient Heian 3 axis cnc with about 300 io points on it's PLC, and it doesn't even have a tool changer! However I, have never tried to convert one of them to Linuxcnc. Maybe some day I'll get sick of the clunky Num 1040 control on the SCMI or the Fanuc 10m on the Heian and retro fit one of them. The rest are current Fanuc hardware, and fraught with misery for a retrofitter.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds