Matsuura 600vf retrofit

More
06 Aug 2017 21:38 #97080 by robh
Matsuura 600vf retrofit was created by robh
Started this a while back but never had the time to post it up here. so ill add some photos and info here, hopefully some intrest to someone
this is my 6th machine now retrofitted off big iron B)

the old Yaskawa I80 control decided to give up and not boot any more so i had to undergo a upgrade on this machine, as being a matsuura the machine its self is still in very grate condition on slides, and other areas too.

this machine already had a full 5axis ready rotary table with brakes on both rotary axis.
the B axis is +/-110deg while C is full rotation.

used a mesa 5i24 card with SSerial cards = 7I71,7i72,7I87,7I84

i changed the servos drive to new AC servos on all 5 axis
intergrated into the relay/IO wiring from the old hardware for interfacing, as did not see the need to rewire all the mass of IOs and wiring sheets had all the info needed to wire in.

Travel is
600mm in X
350mm in Y (limited by indexer on table due to Z colum)
550mm in the Z

rapids are 15m/min in XYZ

machine has a Yaskawa M5 18kw spindle drive with full regen unit spindle motor is double wind type of 7.5kw 8000rpm,
144Nm in low torque range, 44Nm in high speed

spindle cartridge & spindle motor is cooled by a oil chiller on the back of the machine.

tool chagner is random arm type, with 20 tool mag (21 if you count spindle as pocket)
50Bar coolant pump, with through spindle coolant fitted

still have a few things to finish off like the interface pannel, finishing hooking up afew I/Os , add the renishaw tool setter & probe

the old Axis drives, these had a odd comm line and worked in toque mode so it was alot easyer to change them to newer drives & motors

quick vidio of the changer working

quick video i did off some quick test parts to check function and prove machine on.

rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2017 04:11 #97092 by johnmc1
Replied by johnmc1 on topic Matsuura 600vf retrofit
Good day ,
most interesting thanks for the post
john

More
22 Nov 2018 03:58 #121201 by schmidtmotorworks
Congratulations, especially on the control panel and tool changer.

I did an MVJR (Small Mori), and was able to get everything working except the tool changer.

If you would be willing to share any examples of how you did it, I would appreciate it very much.

More
22 Nov 2018 03:59 #121202 by schmidtmotorworks
By the way, that keyboard looks great, can you tell us where to get one?

More
26 Nov 2018 13:12 #121363 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Matsuura 600vf retrofit

Try searching eBay for "Kiosk Keyboard". Here is an example www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123484451458

More
26 Nov 2018 18:35 #121386 by robh
Replied by robh on topic Matsuura 600vf retrofit

hi
got them from a company in china , i got the full length you see there, and also a half size one with no pad in it, with a seperate pad i used on some other machines.
not had any issues with them my self qulaity wise grate.. you can find them on ebay they are not cheap though keep that in mind..

More
26 Nov 2018 18:39 #121387 by robh
Replied by robh on topic Matsuura 600vf retrofit

I did an MVJR (Small Mori), and was able to get everything working except the tool changer.

depends how yours works, this one was easy
1 motor drives the chain/pockets around,
so i just used andys caracel comp and make afew tweaks to it for my needs,
made added afew other bits so i can now have tool selection working while machine is bussy machining, other wise machine waits for a pocket ready signal untill processes next block which is a bit odd realy but found away around it.

as for the arm, this has a another motor and is cam driven in one motion, and motor has a DC injected brake but i wrote a quick C comp file in hal to run that..

if you like i can share the comps here.. but might be alittle machine only useable as they are.. but comp is well commented too.

More
25 Dec 2018 18:14 #122882 by schmidtmotorworks
"if you like i can share the comps here.. but might be alittle machine only useable as they are.. but comp is well commented too."

Rob, yes I would sure appreciate it if you could share any comps or other notes you made.
It would be a huge improvement if I could finally get the tool changer working.

More
07 Nov 2020 01:47 #188560 by Becksvill
Replied by Becksvill on topic Matsuura 600vf retrofit
if you are still around rob I have some questions also

regards

Andrew

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds