Stepper Motors and Power Supplies

More
24 Sep 2017 12:07 #99376 by ytiuqibu
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but all I can find is mainly stepdown between 240V and 100-115 to run ?US appliances off local supply, a few up to 30V with maximum 100VA power ratings, one (out of stock) 60V 625VA with a price tag of $260 each (probably sourced out of Canada) and several suitably specced at 240V/60V 5A but they are priced at $400 and above each.
I will gratefully take your suggestions back to the team and see if they can come up with further possibilities and the capacity to construct it to pass electrical standards tests. When built the CNC machine will be accessible by up to about 60 people of various backgrounds and skill levels (some under supervision). My background is in computer training support so it is a fair learning curve for me too.
Once again thanks for your advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2017 12:17 #99377 by tecno

More
24 Sep 2017 13:21 #99378 by ytiuqibu
Thank you.
Does look reasonable until I add $73US for shipping = $165 and apply currency conversion when it becomes ~$250AU.
Still much cheaper than most I found here but approx. 5 times the cost of the Chinese switch mode under consideration.

I really appreciate the trouble you have gone to in finding these alternatives and from the reading resources you, and others, have given me, I also realise that it probably represents a better, more trouble free long term option.

More
24 Sep 2017 18:50 #99384 by Todd Zuercher
For those drives you don't have to have DC. Just get a simple buck/boost transformer (of adequate voltamp rating) and feed it 60v AC.

More
24 Sep 2017 21:55 #99389 by ytiuqibu
Thanks Todd - As I said to tecno - finding such things locally is proving very difficult and freight costs, especially from US are prohibitive.

More
03 Oct 2017 16:28 #99822 by andypugh

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds