fanuc ac spindle

More
12 Dec 2018 17:53 #122285 by jefsaro
fanuc ac spindle was created by jefsaro
I use linuxcnc for 10 years already, I retrofit my fanuc omate t milling machine with stepper motor and a kress spindle, I used the parallel port.
I buy a kit mesa 5i25 7i76 to make a new retrofit, I still have the original parts of the machine.
I would like to put the spindle , I have a motor spindle 3s following photo, I read that it could be connected to a vfd, it' s possible?
I also did a gear cutter and a mortiser with linuxcnc.
my job is traditional machining and cnc, I work on mazak and I had a milling machine cincinnati dart 750.
I make parts for old vehicles.
Thanks for your help .
sorry for my english
have a good day
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2018 22:13 #122318 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic fanuc ac spindle
Yes, you should be able to drive that Fanuc Spindle motor with a VFD since its a standard induction motor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jefsaro

More
22 Dec 2018 05:13 #122744 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic fanuc ac spindle
I would double check and make sure it is an induction motor. Many fanuc spindle motors were permanent magnet motors. You can drive either with vfd as long as it supports PM motors. Hitachi wj200 comes to mind. I have a 7.5 kw Fanuc motor on my Fadal with the Hitachi drive.

More
24 Dec 2018 15:54 #122828 by tivoi
Replied by tivoi on topic fanuc ac spindle
need closed loop vfd for fanuc spindle, with open loop, rite voltage + right hz , motor very hot

More
24 Dec 2018 19:34 #122835 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic fanuc ac spindle
My guess is you have a pm Fanuc motor and they don't like running off a standard vfd . Are the inductances matched or reasonably close, as that will cause overheating. If you must have a closed velocity loop in the drive, you are probably stuck with the Fanuc drive. I haven't looked into it lately, but last I checked the vfd' that would run a pm motor didn't support encoder feedback. I used a WJ200 to run my Fanuc motor. You have to set it up as a pm motor and it has a whole extra set or parameters pertaining to the pm tuning. The induction voltage constant is one of the more important ones, if it is not set correct, the motor will have no torque and will over heat.

More
28 Feb 2019 06:51 #127310 by jefsaro
Replied by jefsaro on topic fanuc ac spindle
hello ,
i want make order for wj200 hitachi but can you help me for induction voltage ?
best regards
jf

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds