Converting CNC Stepper router with handheld DSP Controller (Richauto A11) PART2

More
18 Jan 2019 08:06 #124388 by geertd
Great... I tried it out with halrun and I think a combination of scale, conv and bitslice will do for me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. LinuxCNC documentation is very good, but so extensive that I would probably never have found it on my own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2019 11:23 #124395 by andypugh
It's probably worth skimming through all the HAL component man pages just to get a feel for what they do.
weighted_sum, for example, defaults to a simple bit-to-int converter, but can do other things. LUT5 is a remarkably flexible 5-input logic component (and if you feed the output to one of the inputs it can be a rather flexible latch too).
The following user(s) said Thank You: geertd

More
23 Oct 2022 04:13 #254825 by PlaidRabbit
I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. Can you provide details about your breakout cable/pinout/hal file/whatever you are willing to provide?

More
30 Oct 2022 11:20 #255433 by geertd
Hi,
As you may notice from the messages, my conversion from richauto was done in 2018-2019. It has been working fine since then, but I must say that now about 4 years later, I don't remember just by heart all of the details. On top of that, I am rather busy and travelling lately so it will be some time until I will be able to dive in this issue again, please be patient. I am now on a business trip until 7 november. Once back, I will try to find back all the notes I took and see how I can get them to you. In the past I have been thinking about writing it all down here in the forum, but I somehow had the impression that I was the only one wanting to convert a Richauto into LinuxCNC, so I didn't bother. Do you have the richauto A11 handheld controller? Wich machine is it connected to?

Regards,

Geert

More
27 Nov 2022 02:56 #257718 by beau
hello I also have a second hand cnc which was converted to linuxcnc from previous dsp control. after reading all your post I am certain that my interface board is the very one you have with 4 inputs to do on/ off and 7 speeds . It was barely running on mach3 when I bought it and I have changed it to linuxcnc. I have finally gotten steps ,directions, charge pump, everything working correctly, even spindel on/off working through linuxcnc. but I have been unable to do anything with the speed control. I would love to have variable speed like the potentiometer on the vfd does,( which is my only way of controlling speed. but if that has not been possible for you I would be very happy to have the ability to change the 7 speeds that the board will allow. any help you could give would be greatly appreciated, how to wire it? what files or hal components needed anything. this is really my last obstacle in getting my machine running and would really appreciate any help you could offer thanks.

More
28 Nov 2022 00:12 #257803 by andypugh

I would be very happy to have the ability to change the 7 speeds that the board will allow. 

I suggest a new topic on this subject. It's probably fairly easy to do in HAL but we would need more info. 

More
28 Nov 2022 19:30 #257888 by beau
im new to the forum and other than lurking and reading really im new to all fourms. ill try and post a new topic and be detailed enough to get started. I would appreciate any help offered on the matter. im competent mechanical and electrical wise but programming is limited to a monkey see monkey do approach. ive done a little linux mods and psp ps3 homebrew by way of tutorials or reading up but I couldn't pretend to be even armature at code. im willing to learn the bits I need to achieve a goal. I belive I have a simple machine. just outdated and not common to most.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds