Touch probe offset mounted

More
27 Mar 2019 18:17 #129784 by coffeeking
I'm considering mounting my touch probe offsetto one side of the head, somewhere on level with where my ER collet chuck comes down to, but say 100mm off from the spindle centre. I'd like to do this so I don't have to keep popping the probe out and in, and it can be used for on-the-fly measurements.

I am, however, a bit concerned about crashing the probe into stuff while machining normally. Does anyone have any experience of doing this and any success/warnings?

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 19:19 #129789 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Touch probe offset mounted
One way to do this, isolate your probe mounting. Connect your probe (metal) casting and (metal) probe sensing also to a seperate eingang on your system that can trigger a "halui machine pause" in your postgui.hal file. that is a nice solution. To get out of your pause, you have to do a bypass. Normally you can do this in a component very easy. A hal based function is also possible. A hard wire on off switch can also do the trick to bypass your trigger. ;)

More
29 Mar 2019 06:06 #129883 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Touch probe offset mounted
You could attach your porbe to a pneumatic ram so its out of the road when not pprobing.

More
29 Mar 2019 07:45 #129889 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Touch probe offset mounted
if you get room Design
probe outside at Toolchange Space
Attachments:

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds