Matsuura MC500-V retrofit suggestions

More
12 Jul 2019 00:22 #139131 by MacCustom
I have a 1991 Matsuura MC500-V machine wioth Yasawa 3000G control with CRT. I seem to have problems with either the CPU or Y axis servo Pack.I would like to update cotrol, but would like to use DC servos and other systems such as toolchange electronics, Spindle drive and so forth. Can anyone advise if this has been done and if there is any Documentaion on such a project. I an in the Concord, NC area in the US.

Regards,
Mac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2019 04:45 #139138 by JR1050
A 1991 matsurra wouldn't have a Yaz 3000g ,It would have an i80 or Mx-3, sounds like you have a 1981 ....The motors are dc, some yaskawa motors used 12v encoders ,some 5v. The i/o is all 24v. It would probably have a a first generation 626 spindle drive and an ac induction motor for the spindle. These are relatively simple machines. You are not far from Charlotte, where Methods machine tool is, they were the Matsurra dealer in the US until about 2012, they still do service.Id start by calling the service dept and getting a wiring diagram, give them the serial number and model number. Fred or Terry are your best bets for help. There are several yaskawa manuals available from the yaskawa site. Those servo drives are very old and info on them is scarce. This has been done before, it shouldn't take to much searching to find what you are looking for..

More
12 Jul 2019 10:45 #139161 by MacCustom
Thanks for your reply. I spoke with Methods and Matsuura, both have been helpful.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds