Wiring help single phase AC servo

More
08 Nov 2019 14:28 #149917 by jools
Hi All
I've bought a Chinese AC servo and the translated instructions are a bit baffling when it comes to wiring it to mains power; in the manual there is no explanation of where the -ve 240v is connected to. I have L1, L2, L3 connectors for three phase and it says use L1 and L2 for single phase. What it doesn't say I how to connect +ve and -ve to these andif indeed -ve is even meant to be connected there.

Has anyone got the answer to this Chinese riddle?

Jools

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2019 15:25 #149922 by tommylight
Symbols? Signs? Schematics?

More
08 Nov 2019 16:36 #149926 by Todd Zuercher
What is confusing? Single phase AC power doesn't have + or -, it is one of 2 options, opposite polarity (L1, L2) or a hot and neutral. I'm not familiar with calling it +ve and -ve, but if that is your single phase power source, you'd connect one to L1 and the other to L2, and it shouldn't really matter which one goes where.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jools

More
09 Nov 2019 01:01 #149952 by andypugh

I have L1, L2, L3 connectors for three phase and it says use L1 and L2 for single phase. What it doesn't say I how to connect +ve and -ve to these andif indeed -ve is even meant to be connected there.

It's AC so doesn't matter. Connect Live to L1 and Neutral to L2. (or vice-versa, if that is more convenient).

The supply goes straight in to a rectifier, so the drive can't even tell which way you wired it. In fact L1 + L3 or L2 + L3 in any combination would probably work too.

More
09 Nov 2019 01:44 #149956 by tommylight
That +VE and -VE might be for a DC power supply, in which case it is not needed.
Some 3 phase drives do need one of the phases (usually 220V) wired to 2 other terminals, besides 3 phases. Yaskawa older ones need that.

More
11 Nov 2019 19:57 #150152 by jools
Cool thanks guys.
It's my lack of knowledge calling them +ve and -Ve, thought that was standard electronics.
I got confused with it not specifying live to this terminal and neutral to an other...

Cheers

Jools

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds