Schaublin CNC32

More
22 Jan 2020 23:58 #155478 by Alexandre
Schaublin CNC32 was created by Alexandre
I have a Schaublin CNC Milling Machine that was (still is) equipped with a Control Techniques FNC5 controller. The controller crashed and I'm thinking of doing a retrofit with Linux.
The questions and doubts I have are as follows:
1- Program the PLC, I don't know anything about Ladder programming ...?
2- I do not have manuals of the machine or diagram of the connections that exist on the electrical board.
3- The machine has the function of turning the head and machining steel laterally (it implies connections and programming of this functionality that I don't know if I will be able to do ... (?)
4- The machine is equipped with siemens direct current servomotors and a direct current motor on the spindle (5.5 kw)
5- The machine has 3 box passages in the spindle.

Taking all these data into account I would appreciate your opinion if it is possible to do the retrofit with the help here from the forum and if there is someone here able to help.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2020 00:23 #155479 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Schaublin CNC32

Taking all these data into account I would appreciate your opinion if it is possible to do the retrofit with the help here from the forum and if there is someone here able to help.

Some pictures would help.
This is my opinion:
It is always possible to do a retrofit on any machine, the only issue is how much time/effort it takes.
And there are plenty of us here who will gladly help as much as possible, just make sure you follow the directions properly, and there is plenty of info on a lot of retrofits here on the forum, so a lot of reading is in order.

More
23 Jan 2020 01:58 #155485 by J Green
Replied by J Green on topic Schaublin CNC32
Hi Alexandre
Is this " Schaublin CNC" needed right now for your income ? How much time do you ( as of now ) expect the conversion to take ?
How familiar are you with electricity - electronics , ever burn yourself with a soldering iron ? What working test equipment do you have?
Can you get the correct electrical schematics - other machine manuals either from Schaublin or the I-Net.?

Your questions and my thoughts:
1- Program the PLC, I don't know anything about Ladder programming ...? Think you forgot to write Yet,but want to try

2- I do not have manuals of the machine or diagram of the connections that exist on the electrical board. May not be able to track down schematic of the circuit boards themselves ,but you need to put some real effort in getting the machines schematics -- will save huge number of hours trying to trace out where the wires connect to various components.

3- The machine has the function of turning the head and machining steel laterally (it implies connections and programming of this functionality that I don't know if I will be able to do ... (?) Again assume you forgot to include -- Yet ,but want to learn an try to do it.

4- The machine is equipped with siemens direct current servomotors and a direct current motor on the spindle (5.5 kw)
Take your computer and wander over to the Siemens web site and see if you can download the documentation - manuals.

5- The machine has 3 box passages in the spindle. Is not clear what "3 box passages " means. Maybe a Photo would help.
As tommylight wrote -- some Photos would help a lot.
Bob

More
27 Jan 2020 23:26 #155966 by Alexandre
Replied by Alexandre on topic Schaublin CNC32
I didn't receive an email with notification of yours answers that I already had, I don't know why ... ???
I hope to have in the next few days some more information and I will try to add some photos.
Thanks for all

More
29 Jan 2020 00:06 #156056 by Alexandre
I bought this machine with a failure in the linear encoder of the Y axis.
I replaced the Y-axis encoder with a new one I bought in China (SINO brand) and it was solved. After solving the machine it was moving well on the axes, it was missing to get the spindle to work.

I had a Descktop monitor because the machine monitor was faulty, then I replaced it with a new one

I called the technician to put the spindle to work (it was just what was missing), the technician did not solve it, and so much touched the machine and the controller that the next day the controller no longer started.

Some photos of the machine.

I have a Spindle Drive manual
I have Control Technique FNC4 manual (It is very similar to that, FNC5)
And I also have a manual of the frame of the machine but with the diagrams in a modern model, tomorrow I'll post some pictures of it.
Attachments:

More
03 Jun 2020 22:31 #170036 by Alexandre
Can anyone tell me if there is any other difference between 5i25 and 6i25 besides the type of fitting on the motherboard??

More
03 Jun 2020 22:34 #170037 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Schaublin CNC32

Can anyone tell me if there is any other difference between 5i25 and 6i25 besides the type of fitting on the motherboard??

No, there is no difference.

More
03 Jun 2020 22:34 #170038 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Schaublin CNC32

The 5i25 if for the PCI slot and the other is for the PCIx otherwise they are identical

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds