Poser supply wiring to switches and motors questions

More
23 Oct 2020 03:24 #186960 by kbec
The Masso documentation says "Output signals are 0v for LOW signal and 10v for HIGH signal", the input range is from 12 to 24v. I think I need 6 1700 Ohm resistors, if I am lucky I may have them somewhere.

So if I understand you guys right, the 24v field power I will be using for my limit switches, encoder and touch probe?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2020 04:53 - 23 Oct 2020 04:59 #186969 by BeagleBrainz
Spindle encoder, as tommy alluded to, is a 5v input. So if yours is outputting a 10v signal you will need to convert that signal to 5v. A voltage divider may work, but there is a chance it may not give a clean enough signal.
If you can't get access to a 'scope it with probably be a case of suck it & see.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2020 04:59 by BeagleBrainz.

More
23 Oct 2020 05:18 #186971 by pinder
I would like to suggest
you can use optocouplers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeagleBrainz

More
23 Oct 2020 06:58 #186977 by BeagleBrainz

I would like to suggest

Very good suggestion indeed.
Just make sure that they are able to keep up with the encoder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
23 Oct 2020 12:46 #186998 by pinder

I would like to suggest

Very good suggestion indeed.
Just make sure that they are able to keep up with the encoder.

6n135 from vishay is high speed and cheap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kbec

More
26 Oct 2020 16:04 #187323 by kbec
Would 6n137 work? I already have some of those handy.

More
26 Oct 2020 22:59 #187349 by kbec
So now I have the 24v supply. I have the neg voltage going to the common on the 7i96 card, with the positive distributed to the com on the switches, then the other lead (NC) of the switches going to pins 1,2 and 3 on the 7i96. From another topic, I think I have it wired up right, since I see a yellow LED lit for each pin the switch is connected to, and it goes out when I press the switch.

Now my question is how to set it up in the pncconf? 1,2 and 3 I have set to the minimum limit, but I am thinking since I am just putting one, it may end up being Home. It is the other part I am not sure of, GPIO Input, Output or O Drain?, and do I need to change Num 00 from Unused Output to something else?

More
27 Oct 2020 08:06 #187390 by rodw
I really think its time to learn how to edit your hal file in a text editor. Install Geany and use it..
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
27 Oct 2020 13:16 #187411 by kbec
I looked at some of the files, but don't really want to mess them up too bad. One of my lead wires I didn't have crimped right and that was sort of messing it up. Since the LEDs are lighting up, I think it is at least wired right now.
One of my problems is that I sort of understand the basic concepts, but getting everything wired up and working is a little different.
I like the 7i96 card too, but there seems to be much more info out there on some of the other cards.
I wasn't even going to do the limit switches, but then I almost crashed my y axis playing around. So now I am trying to get them working.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds