Haas VF-1 dc servo

More
01 Nov 2020 22:20 #188055 by danilom
Haas VF-1 dc servo was created by danilom
I might consider replacing the control on older Haas VF1 , its beyond repair .... missing the complete control .

But the DC amps are there and VFD also, does anyone have a schematic or pinout of P3 connector which is used to connect the main board to the drives. Very little information on the web considering its a widespread machine and configuration.
I found somewhere that the inputs are labeled PWM , no idea what would this be.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2020 20:34 #188798 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Haas VF-1 dc servo
Danilo, izvini za zakasnjenje, evo linka za manuale na netu, vidi da li ima sta upotreblivo.
www.google.com/search?ei=TqepX8ftIIP6U5z...y7CogQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

Sorry for the delay, here is a link to manuals on the net see if there is something useful there.

More
10 Nov 2020 07:55 #188843 by danilom
Replied by danilom on topic Haas VF-1 dc servo
I found only reference to cables 610 620 630 640 from Motor Interface Board to the Drives as PWM TO SERVO DRIVE BOARD

other cables have pinout in the manual I found

More
13 Nov 2020 13:44 #189202 by ronthomp
Replied by ronthomp on topic Haas VF-1 dc servo
I have a 1990 VF1 in the process of retrofit. I was unable to find info to drive the existing servo drives. I opted to swap in new step and direction drives. I used these: www.shop.cncdrive.com/index.php?productID=366. They worked well with the existing power and motors. Unfortunately, I burned up a motor while PID tuning. I removed the drives and motors and added 750W AC servos and drives from DMM-Tech. This was the right choice for me. I would sell the DC drives if you are interested. The good news is any good Haas parts you remove are like gold on Ebay. My machine is running under UCCNC, but I am unable to write a macro for the ATC. I am about to remove the UCCNC electronics and install Mesa cards for Lcnc running Probe Basic, as I like the ATC page. Good luck!
Ron

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds